• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door jamb switch wiring

I don't see any wiring for the passenger side door jamb switch . It's a two prong switch .
Does anybody know how it looks like and where it connects to or selling one ?
Thanks Nacho

thumbnail_IMG_1092.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1093.jpg
I also have this wire in the trunk . Its coming from the wiring harness that feed the tail lights . Does anyone know where it hooks into or what it's for ?
i attached photo of the wire.
Thanks

I also have this wire in the trunk . Its coming from the wiring harness that feed the tail lights . Does anyone know where it hooks into or what it's for ?
i attached photo of the wire.
Thanks
thumbnail_IMG_1092.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1093.jpg

Blue wire with the grommet goes to the fuel tank sending unit, through a hoe in the trunk floor.
DSC01508.JPG

Last edited:
Found this thread while looking for something else. Since I have a complete dome light/door jamb circuit separated from the dash harness, I thought maybe a photo of the wiring might prove helpful.
20210702_152746.jpg

Doug and Nacho - the harness I just plugged into my 71 dash is actually a 72 harness as it only has one dash light for the heater control illumination.

But look at this:
Here's the door jamb wiring drivers side.
July 2nd (2).jpg

Only two wires.

Here's where it gets really weird. Here's the passenger side door jamb wiring.
July 2nd (1).jpg

Only one wire.
Looking at the harness, it has not been cut or spliced.
If you go to my project thread you will see I posted pics of the blower motor resistor wiring, which looks different than the original one that came out of the car.

Your thoughts?

Does that mean that 73 & up door jamb switches were single wire on the passenger side and 2 prong on drivers?

Yes, ’73 ran a two-prong switch on the driver’s side, single prong on the passenger.

From the ’73 Dodge Charger FSM,

Charger 73-1.jpg

Charger 73-2.jpg

Also shows a single bulb heater control lighting, socket part of the main harness, not a sub-harness with two bulbs as in ’71-72.

heater control lanp.jpg

So my next question is.....will the 1973 bulkhead connections work with 1971 engine bay wiring harness?

Not seeing any circuit ID location changes at the bulkhead connection between ’71-72 and ’73, should be good to run an earlier engine and front lighting harness with the ’73 main harness. In ’74, pretty sure they started moving/changing a few circuits around a bit. Would still trace everything out circuit by circuit when mixing and matching harnesses from deferent years.

That's not a '72 harness, it's a '73 or possibly a '74.
73 harness

74 got 4 wire plug for the buzzer.

72 and 73 are pretty much interchangeable thought, with really small and easy to solve differences. They are the easier years to interchange in fact.

Second photo - see attached wiring diagram, which should help you wire the blue box.

Chrysler Electronic Ignition Wire Diagram 2 Pin Ballast w-4-pin module.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back