• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door panels

I don't have any experience with those, but the Legendary ones aren't a lot more. I am getting ready to order mine and list price total is $552 ($365 for Front, $187 for rear) for front and rear door panels. I double checked and the Roadrunner door panels are pretty much the same price (Give or take a couple dollars).

They often run show discounts for 20% off, which would drop the price to $441. Only about $30 more than the link you posted. I would call Legendary and let them know what you are looking at and see if they will match the price, or at least give you the 20% show discount price to make them close to same price.

Just a thought,....

I don't have any experience with those, but the Legendary ones aren't a lot more. I am getting ready to order mine and list price total is $552 ($365 for Front, $187 for rear) for front and rear door panels. I double checked and the Roadrunner door panels are pretty much the same price (Give or take a couple dollars).

They often run show discounts for 20% off, which would drop the price to $441. Only about $30 more than the link you posted. I would call Legendary and let them know what you are looking at and see if they will match the price, or at least give you the 20% show discount price to make them close to same price.

Just a thought,....
I looked too but I thought that price was per panel, not a set. If that's the case, I'll wait. I'm definitely going to the Nats and maybe to Carlisle

That is the pair price. I know it doesn't say it until you click on it, but once you do, it says "Pr" behind the quantity box

I just ordered front panels for my 69 GTX from Legendary and they were on sale for $280 a pair. 6 to 8 week lead time. I had ordered a set (ft and rear) from Year One for a smoking black Friday deal but the front panels have been backordered since Nov with no info on when they will be available. I am almost willing to believe they would rather me cancel the order than sell for the sale price. I am completely done with them, do not recommend at all.

I just ordered front panels for my 69 GTX from Legendary and they were on sale for $280 a pair. 6 to 8 week lead time. I had ordered a set (ft and rear) from Year One for a smoking black Friday deal but the front panels have been backordered since Nov with no info on when they will be available. I am almost willing to believe they would rather me cancel the order than sell for the sale price. I am completely done with them, do not recommend at all.
Year one used to be the go to for most everything years ago but I don't buy anything from them anymore

I am completely done with them, do not recommend at all.

Are you done with Year One or Legendary? I assume Year One, because Legendary can't control what Year One does. I'm not a fan of Year One. Mainly because when they were the only option, their prices were through the roof. Now that there are other options, their prices have come down on most things. I have an issue with being screwed by companies that know they have you!, to the point that I will pay a little more to a competitor just to not use them.

Are you done with Year One or Legendary? I assume Year One, because Legendary can't control what Year One does. I'm not a fan of Year One. Mainly because when they were the only option, their prices were through the roof. Now that there are other options, their prices have come down on most things. I have an issue with being screwed by companies that know they have you!, to the point that I will pay a little more to a competitor just to not use them.
Pretty sure he was referring to Year One

Year One. The last two purchases were items out of stock, not shown as out of stock. Lead times were quoted as short, both went well beyond and I eventually cancelled both without ever seeing a product.

Year One not any different back then than some of the big name "authorities" in the Mopar world now. Those who have a cache of OEM parts or quality used parts, or who have been licensed to manufacture certain parts, are getting what they can. That is the Achilles of owning Mopar - smaller market than Chevy, not as much repop or good used stuff out there, thus higher prices. Demand has provided us with some more options for common and popular parts, but for the obscure (especially if you have a 1970 Super Bee like me), you are at the mercy of the seller. I agree with FrnkNsteen, Year One definitely put the screws to the buyer. Not just for Mopar stuff either! My son and I were fixing up a '72 El Camino. Year One was so much higher than OPGI and some of the other suppliers.

The PUI panels can be hit or miss. As a vendor for both PUI and Legendary, we have less issues with the Legendary brand, but still have concerns. With PUI, one set of door panels or seat covers will be very good while the second set for the same year model and body style will be completely wrong. Legendary door panels are consistently ok, but seat covers can have issues and always tell the customer to test fit them as soon as possible upon receiving them.
Legendary's next sale will be probably Memorial Day. The thing about it, is that even with the discounted sale, most of their vendors can beat their prices, so shop around. They do not bring product to the shows to sale, so take into consideration the shipping cost. I just shipped a seat divider and package tray to a customer and the shipping cost was actually more than the cost of the two items.

The thing about it, is that even with the discounted sale, most of their vendors can beat their prices, so shop around. They do not bring product to the shows to sale, so take into consideration the shipping cost.

hey bfan,.... I don't mean to hijack this thread, but the answer would probably help all involved. Can you order custom stuff through Legendary, or do custom orders have to go direct through them. I am doing my Charger in '68 LL1 Turquoise, so I was thinking of doing turquoise inserts and beading with white seat skirts and collars. I got material samples from Legendary, and just need to see how the paint color comes out before picking which turquoise material color to go with.

How are your existing panels? Have you tried a local upholster? Legendary didn't carry the correct color for my '66 Belvedere, so I had a local guy make mine. I'm very pleased how they came out.

How are your existing panels? Have you tried a local upholster? Legendary didn't carry the correct color for my '66 Belvedere, so I had a local guy make mine. I'm very pleased how they came out.
they are the original panels. 3 of them aren't really that bad, just aged. The left rear has the evidence of dog scratches from years past. I have a white interior so hopefully should match up pretty close but only the panels and the upholstery are white so unless it's way off it should be ok if I replace all 4

FrnkNsteen, I have never ordered a "custom" set of covers through Legendary. I would imagine that if they did agree to do the seat covers, then they would be hefty additional fee for the extra effort required to do the job. As with any custom work, they would most probably could not be returned and they would want to be paid up front for the work.
As suggested above, I would search out a local shop that specializes in custom work. A shop of this nature can duplicate the factory style inserts while using the desired piping and such.
As for as requesting a custom job from Legendary, we have reps that we typically deal with. No different than with anyone else in having a doctor, mechanic, chef, etc that is their direct go to person. As a individual customer contacting Legendary or for that matter any other large vendor with a call center, your pretty much at the luck of the person that answers your call. Just be sure to document exactly who you spoke to with dates and time.

all I use are legendary never had a problem fit great and look spot on I have there's in my 63 looks great

Any time that you start to mixing panels with originals and reproductions, you will start to see variations. Personally, if you have three very good used ones, I would suggest trying to locate the fourth so as to have a nice used set. The reproductions are ok, but I would much rather have nice originals. Most people that have been around these cars through the years can recognize the reproductions. Look at the panels, many are puffy or the area at the attaching clip is very evident from the front side.
Colored panels other than black can be difficult to match other than painting them. Just do not get hung up thinking that all of the colors should match. Look at the lower dash pads for these cars and you will possibly see variations on very original cars. For that matter, black will fade through the years as well and all may show stains that are almost impossible to remove.

Any time that you start to mixing panels with originals and reproductions, you will start to see variations. Personally, if you have three very good used ones, I would suggest trying to locate the fourth so as to have a nice used set. The reproductions are ok, but I would much rather have nice originals. Most people that have been around these cars through the years can recognize the reproductions. Look at the panels, many are puffy or the area at the attaching clip is very evident from the front side.
Colored panels other than black can be difficult to match other than painting them. Just do not get hung up thinking that all of the colors should match. Look at the lower dash pads for these cars and you will possibly see variations on very original cars. For that matter, black will fade through the years as well and all may show stains that are almost impossible to remove.
I hear you, there is quite a difference in the upper and lower dash pad on the car due to sun fading over the years. The dash is B7, the upper pad almost has a green tint from fading but it's original as well. Good idea though, I will post in the WTB section but if anybody has a good original rear left panel in white for a 69 roadrunner let me know.

Auto Transport Service
Back