• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door rollers

Monkeymaster

Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
Hello
What do you call the notched/ribbed washers that the door springs roll against ?
Who sells them ?
How do you replace them, the stud they are on is pinned/smashed on the bottom so it looks like you can not just unscrew the studs and swap them out?
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
20190902_174611.jpg

Restoricks has the parts needed to repair them.
They are called detent rollers.
You grind the back of the stud flush to remove the old one and the new one is welded in place instead of riveted. Will most likely have to removed the hinge
to perform the repair.

Last edited:
Yep. Called door checks. Part of my hinge rebuild process. Not sold separately. the hard part is not the rollers, it is the pin that the rollers ride on and attach to the hinge. Custom made. Also will need to get the wave spring that goes between the roller and pin. This is what I do. For over 20 years now. Many happy members. Write up in August Mopar Muscle magazine. I did the editors car, a 64 Plymouth Savoy. Future project car.

HINGE REBUILD PARTS.jpg 2018 febo prices.jpg A-B-BODY-DOOR-CHECK-SIDE.jpg MM-HINGE-3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Leo!!

Yep. Called door checks. Part of my hinge rebuild process. Not sold separately. the hard part is not the rollers, it is the pin that the rollers ride on and attach to the hinge. Custom made. Also will need to get the wave spring that goes between the roller and pin. This is what I do. For over 20 years now. Many happy members. Write up in August Mopar Muscle magazine. I did the editors car, a 64 Plymouth Savoy. Future project car.

View attachment 828329 View attachment 828331 View attachment 828332 View attachment 828333

Yes I have a set in stock. 62-65 B-body. Front doors only. The price is an exchange price. You first must send an acceptable set of rebuildable cores to get that price. Otherwise there is an additional, refundable core charge of $60.00 more. This refund depends on the condition of the cores. They must be in original, unmodified condition. No heavy rust pitting, damage to hinges especially the hine body ege that the nroller rides on. I prefer to rebuild the customers original hinges when possible. No surprises about condition or fit that way. To be sure about your cores, if you want to go that way is to send closeup photos of all sides of the hinges to me.
Give me your complete name, shipping address, email address and PAY-PAL id if you want to pay that way and I will email you an estimate to approve.
Thank you
Leo

Auto Transport Service
Back