• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

door/trunk seals

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Im sure by now yall know soft seal sold out to china and have seen the change in there stuff.
3 years ago got a set for the doors on my sst and thay were perfect. Sealed good and ya didn't have to slam the doors. No leaks or wind noise. Got a set for the S/C last year and thay sucked. these old post cars window frames can't take a seal this hard. So what we going to use now?? Steel rubber is ok and will be holding the glass in the dart But there nuthing like the soft seal for the doors. ..... jmo

I'm interested in a good recommendation brand as well.

When I re-did my car seals back around 2013, I provided new Steel Rubber brand seals to the interior shop that did the work. The seals are fine except for the driver's door, which has some kind of folding/binding when rolling the front driver's window up and down. It takes a tremendous amount of effort to do so and I'm looking to replace the driver's side roof line seal that goes from front to back.

Auto Transport Service
Back