• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double billed on my Discover Card.

Fran Blacker

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
Discover Card sent me a second bill for Oct/Nov. Anybody else? Keep an eye on them. Talk to them and they said I'm up to date. Computer error? Asked who's in charge computers? Choked laugh on other end. Wife caught it. Her best was IRS wanted a couple grand, had the check written out. She thought WAIT a MINUTE. I was collecting disability insurance and my employer added it to my income and the insurance company sent a form to us and the IRS that they paid us. Had to go to my employer to amend my W2 to remove the money the Insurance paid me from W2.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
gotta watch them all ! it’s up to you to catch there mistakes!

Good thing you "discovered" it.
1700590566931.png

Discover Card sent me a second bill for Oct/Nov. Anybody else? Keep an eye on them. Talk to them and they said I'm up to date. Computer error? Asked who's in charge computers? Choked laugh on other end. Wife caught it. Her best was IRS wanted a couple grand, had the check written out. She thought WAIT a MINUTE. I was collecting disability insurance and my employer added it to my income and the insurance company sent a form to us and the IRS that they paid us. Had to go to my employer to amend my W2 to remove the money the Insurance paid me from W2.:thumbsup:
I catch a lot of “errors” these days too. Especially being retired, I’ll think about certain things saying I owe money for a long time before I actually pay them. I have one going on right now for a medical billing going on since April. I started with the minions thinking it no big deal to rectify. Now I’m up and past the big shits at the company and back down to minions again expecting some less than moronic person will simply scratch this bill. Everyone I‘ve spoken to admits and agrees I don’t owe what’s being billed - yet no- one will fix it - and the big shits won’t return your calls anymore either. I even have a Vm recording from my insurance company telling me they’ve investigated - I do not owe the money and to not pay it. But every month on the 22nd I’ll get another bill for it. I’m one of those guys that will simply never pay something I don’t owe. If I owe I’ll pay.

Except when it comes from the IRS. If it’s a $100 or less I just write a check. If it’s say around $500 and up I’ll investigate and write them a letter from which I never hear back, ever. That‘s one entity I never, ever want to be on the radar screen of. I just want them to go away. If it costs me a few bucks that I may not owe I figure I’ve made that back many times over in prior years…..

Last week I got a notice I had so many days to complete my new Chase card application... I never applied for one but it turns out someone else did in my name but could not get all the info needed to finish the process. So I canceled it, they retracted the credit check and reported it to the fraud unit...

Couple of years ago, I get this call from a collection company for payment that I did not owe. I sent documentation that supported what i was saying. I told the woman on the phone that I better not get any calls. Sure enough, a couple days later I get another call. I quickly call the person that I sent the document to and she tells me that it had to be approved by her supervisor. She said that the papers were on her desk. I asked her if she was possibly sitting in the same room with her. She says yes, they were on the opposite side of the room. I said get up off your *** and tell the supervisor to look at the papers and I will wait on the phone while you do so. She came back on the phone in a couple minutes and said everything has been taken care of.

Couple of years ago, I get this call from a collection company for payment that I did not owe. I sent documentation that supported what i was saying. I told the woman on the phone that I better not get any calls. Sure enough, a couple days later I get another call. I quickly call the person that I sent the document to and she tells me that it had to be approved by her supervisor. She said that the papers were on her desk. I asked her if she was possibly sitting in the same room with her. She says yes, they were on the opposite side of the room. I said get up off your *** and tell the supervisor to look at the papers and I will wait on the phone while you do so. She came back on the phone in a couple minutes and said everything has been taken care of.
Thats what we do now days - Other people’s jobs. And with AI coming at us like a sunami it’s only going to get worse. Now when some limp dick minion tells me I need to call such and such and then call them back to let them know - My response is a more than emphatic - “Hell No! you call them its your job not mine”! That’s the way it is now days - ”They” keep pushing more and more onto us to do their jobs. I‘m more and more - Like hell no you do it!

I had a Sears Card/Mastercard both, they did that **** all the damn time
kept getting rebilled, for like $59 on the Sears card,
pants & shoes I bought for one of my teenage daughters...
She was moved out before it was resolved, completely...
I paid it, proved I paid it several times over & over
& a couple months go by & same billing BS...
I get the I'm sorry it's a mistake nonsense :blah:
I have to go back the manager I spoke with prior, again & again
& they'd say "they will take care of it"...

Again a few months later same ol' bull ****...
Last time it happened, I told the lady I talked to;
"listen carefully the next sound you hear, is me shredding
that card in my paper shredder, never ever again will I charge
or shop for anything there"

Never heard from Sears ever again...

No defunct, probably partially why...

Mastercard was a lil' harder to resolve...
same ol' bull ****, shredded that card too

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back