• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Down at the boat launch

I'll play............
Skater 3 Lakes.jpg
127.4.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Boats pass one another on the left like driving in the UK, Australia ect. You'll see the red/green light on the bow to show which side to pass when approaching.

I've noticed airplanes with a red light on the one wing and green on the other. Is this for the same reason? @dadsbee

5A78F16B-924B-4B1C-BFED-09CB6EA166A0.jpeg
12603C0D-A5BC-46CA-B25F-35619CC997F4.jpeg

Got the new boat in the water today and blasted out to the Barnegat lighthouse.
3D79222E-0D6F-4EF8-ABD7-E6881003A091.jpeg

It looks like scaffolding has been erected around it. Probably getting a facelift.

that's real fast for a 24 skater! when I raced them with 2.4's in 87 they would only go 108 with 32 mazco's
they'l burn 20g/hr ea. wot. + syn. oil! you aint feeding that with a paper route!

that's real fast for a 24 skater! when I raced them with 2.4's in 87 they would only go 108 with 32 mazco's
they'l burn 20g/hr ea. wot. + syn. oil! you aint feeding that with a paper route!
That's only a lil 21, one of 9 factory made for twins!

So, you can’t make this up.. a few years ago wife and are sitting in the lot waiting to launch the boat. There’s a family loading their older fiberglass boat On a roller trailer. Things weren’t going well so I got out to help. The launch is a straight shot in but a pretty steep angle once you get on the pads. with a big heavy boat like that, it helps to have someone in the water. So I jumped in. we lined it up and they pulled it on the rollers. So here’s where it gets good. The person in the drivers seat was waiting to pull the boat out the water. I’m back at my truck watching the rest of this.. The driver hollers out “now?” The guy securing the boat said no and the driver took off apparently thinking he said go. I’m howling at this point and not a damn thing I can do because in a second the boat easily slides off the rollers and lands in the middle of the ramp. The bow line wasn’t attached yet. Lower unit on the old outboard was in several pieces as the concrete pads weren’t kind. Fortunately, with a lot more help, we were able to hook the bow line up and lift the bow of the boat a little and slide the trailer under it and then backed it back into the water and get it straight.

I never did get mine in the water that evening!

The next year I’m at the same launch and see the same family but all they had this time were single person kayaks!

Wish I had still had the pics the wife took.

I used to go out to Hogback Island slough NorCal Delta with boat buds
lots of racing
some really fast boats 150+ mph
IHBA type stuff, pickle fork blown hydros, flat bottoms (fuel altered of boats)
fast f--ken' jets, outboard & IOs
big blocks Hemis blower turbos etc.
I looked for them on YouTube
I couldn't find ****, but fishing stuff about Hogback Island/slough
in Walnut Grover Ca. delta
a bunch of the group I hung out with in Concord & Pleasant Hill
would all go out there, lots of really fast killer looking boats
was great times
I think they must have stopped it, nothing but fishing now
couldn't find anything even old videos

oh well

IHBA Crazy Horse Al Bush Driver Pete & Marlene Kaiser Owners.jpg

my old neighbors boat IHBA record holder BFFB (Blown Fuel Flat Bottom)
Al Bush piloted, Pete & Marlene K. owners

IHBA Crazy Horse BFFB & Driver Al Bush Launch.jpg

IHBA Crazy Horse BFFB & Driver Al Bush Frebird Pheonix.jpg

IHBA Crazy Horse BFFB & Driver Al Bush Pete & Marlene's boat Poster.jpg

Al on a wild ride one of many, I don't remember where
IHBA Crazy Horse IHBA record BFFB Al Bush coming out of the boat.jpg

I've seen Al run a few times, beautiful boat and good driver. Here's a buddy of mine, when he was still racing.

Is the capsule supposed to be safe for land landings? I bet that hurt...

They're not particularly designed for land landings, but they do have a serious cage in them so not much different than crashing a funny car. If I remember correctly, he suffered some back injuries and put the steering column through his leg on that crash, but he came back from that one.

Auto Transport Service
Back