• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DR Hook and the Medicine Show "Sylvia's Mother'

1713583000293.png

Freakers ball is one of my favorites from Dr hook

Never cared for that song
But "The cover of the Rolling Stone" is a hoot
I still catch myself singing that song occasionally

Sylvia’s Mother is always on my play list when I do solo gigs, open mics, and jam circles. People still love that song after all these years. Of course I also do Cover of the Rolling Stone as well. Seems that Dr Hook was the band outlet for all of Shel Silverstein songs, except maybe The Unicorn, which may have been his biggest hit.

Sylvia’s Mother is always on my play list when I do solo gigs, open mics, and jam circles. People still love that song after all these years. Of course I also do Cover of the Rolling Stone as well. Seems that Dr Hook was the band outlet for all of Shel Silverstein songs, except maybe The Unicorn, which may have been his biggest hit.
Another big hit for Shel Silverstein was Jonny Cash's A Boy Named Sue. He also wrote many children's books.

Last edited:
Another big hit for Shel Silverstein was Jonny Cash's A Boy Named Sue. He also wrote many children's books.

True dat! I forgot all about Boy Named Sue, and I play play one too! Must be getting old I guess!

'Baby got her blue jeans on', is another great one

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JSM2bRw_gA

not sure why the links keeps doing that, oh well

Auto Transport Service
Back