• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drip Rail Trim - OER

BPBP440

Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
Says not in stock coming soon. From what I have been told most of this is to narrow for vinyl top models. I had my original polished just to avoid installation hassles.

Says not in stock coming soon. From what I have been told most of this is to narrow for vinyl top models. I had my original polished just to avoid installation hassles.
My car unfortunately does not have them currently.

YES... there are vinyl and painted roof trims..

Outside width of paint trim = 0.5095 to 0.5135

Outside width of vinyl trim = 0.5355 to 0.54"

.540” - .5095” = .305 which is well over 1/4” difference which seems excessive. What’s the thickness of the vinyl top material? I’m assuming coverage over the seams would require that much extra width?

.540” - .5095” = .305 which is well over 1/4” difference which seems excessive. What’s the thickness of the vinyl top material? I’m assuming coverage over the seams would require that much extra width?
Might wanna calculate that again... that's 0.035.. 35 thou 0.0305.. 30 thou

Last edited:
Correct Don.. I wasn't awake either.. LOL I should have just typed 30 thou like I was gonna...

When I redid my '67 R/T over 30 years ago, I removed the original vinyl top, and repainted the car in one colour. I reinstalled the original drip rail trims, and they seemed to fit OK.

Might wanna calculate that again... that's 0.035.. 35 thou 0.0305.. 30 thou
Yeah, it was early this morning and apparently I wasn’t awake! .030 seems about right. Now I’ll have to go through my pile of trim with the calipers!! All this for a vinyl top, lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back