• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drip rails 1968 Coronet R/T

1969CoronetR/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
My 1968 Coronet R/T originally had a vinyl top but I had it taken off and the roof painted during its restoration. Should the pinch welds have been hidden instead of visible on a painted top hardtop sedan?
Thanks
Mark

IMG_1516.jpeg

IMG_1517.jpeg

a competent guy can remedy that without painting the roof, if he has some matching paint

Thanks, I will have to drop it off at my local shop to fix it. MCR should have caught their mistake and fixed it before shipping it back to me.

MCR should have caught their mistake and fixed it before shipping it back to me.
Definitely !

My guy missed a spot on the drivers side that hadn't been filled properly on my Bee. I got the "sometimes the fix is worse than what we've got, the trim will hide it and we'd have to clear the car again". NOPE... get out your small gun and blow it in..... and he put on his big boy panties and did so! LOL

That needs a 2 part seam sealer. Can't believe MCR missed that, it's kind of important.

Here's probably how it went down..

1. Sent to paint booth
2. Apprentice taped it up ready to shoot
3. Painter says dafuq?
4. Boss says "shoot it, the customer will never notice"

Pro Comp Customs down the street from me fixed the drip rail channels. He filled them in, painted and buffed it. He cut and buffed the rest on the car to make her shine like a diamond

IMG_1706.jpeg

IMG_1705.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back