• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drive Shaft Loop

redline

Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
I am trying to put a driveshaft loop on my car, the bolts they sent with it has large washers with it, do you just bolt it thru floorboard ? There is no frame or something sudstantual around this area within 6'' of u-joint ?

The big washers are for strength when bolted through the floor boards. All you need to do is bolt it in close to the u-joint. I have put in a few and there really isn't much to it.

loop

why dont you just make your own ??? not that hard.

ml-lepage8.jpg

What I do is trim the long legs from the loop. I take the trimmed parts and use those above the floor. Now that the 90* legs are cut off the loop it is welded to the side braces for a cleaner install. Tack weld bolts into the cut off pieces. Then drop them through the drilled holes in the floor. That way you can unbolt the loop w/o removing the carpet to hold the bolts with a wrench. You can see the plates on the floor in the second picture. On mine one additional bolt that holds each side of the loop also mounts the seat (not yet installed).
Doug

Attachments

• S20.JPG
    S20.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 236
  • RC25.jpg
    RC25.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back