• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driver Mirror Glass Replacement

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
I am interested in putting a new glass mirror my driver side remote mirror on my 1970 Sport Satellite.

Can someone point me to a thread on how to remove the glass and replace it?

Who sells just the glass for these?

Thank you MF

image.jpg

I am interested in putting a new glass mirror my driver side remote mirror on my 1970 Sport Satellite.

Can someone point me to a thread on how to remove the glass and replace it?

Who sells just the glass for these?

Thank you MF

View attachment 1602092
Chrome mirror is pretty easy to remove the glass. Get a bowl or pot that is just a little bigger than the mirror and set the mirror inside, fill with lacquer thinner and make sure the mirror is oriented to prevent an air pocket. Cover the bowl/pot with some tin foil or even a towel will work. Let sit for 24-48 hours and the glass will just fall away. I did this with my manual adjust mirror on the 68 RR to re-adjust the ball/socket and tighten it up. I just used some "liquid nails" construction adhesive to reglue the glass back in place. The mirror is still happy now after 12+ years. Painted mirror means you have to bust the glass or do this before painting the car.
Good luck!

Chrome mirror is pretty easy to remove the glass. Get a bowl or pot that is just a little bigger than the mirror and set the mirror inside, fill with lacquer thinner and make sure the mirror is oriented to prevent an air pocket. Cover the bowl/pot with some tin foil or even a towel will work. Let sit for 24-48 hours and the glass will just fall away. I did this with my manual adjust mirror on the 68 RR to re-adjust the ball/socket and tighten it up. I just used some "liquid nails" construction adhesive to reglue the glass back in place. The mirror is still happy now after 12+ years. Painted mirror means you have to bust the glass or do this before painting the car.
Good luck!
Thanks, do you know who sells the replacement glass?

Thanks, do you know who sells the replacement glass?
I probably research that back when in case the glass broke but do not remember. I think that one of the bigger Mopar vendors would carry the glass. Not sure if it would have the date codes or not. If the glass comes out whole, then you may have better luck with a local glass shop.

I bought mirror glass from Resto-Rick.

I had our local glass shop make me a couple. I just made him a cardboard template.

Several places online sell mirror glass for classic cars.

You can even get convex glass for the passenger side for a lot of them.

Auto Transport Service
Back