• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driver's License Renewal in Mexico

Dibbons

Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
Maybe a new law/requirement for Drivers License? Went to renew my license today at the office near Liverpool. The gentleman at the front door asked how old I was (will be 67 tomorrow). He said anyone 65 and over needs a medical certificate to renew. I went to the BCS Health Clinic in El Centenario where the doctor told me she could provide a medical certificate as soon as I have my eyes examined elsewhere and bring the eye exam results to her. Have my homework cut out for me.

Damn! They should do that here in the US too!

IIRC FL added an eye exam for over 70 a few years ago.

I got no problem with that.

Geez. Do they not send renewal notices in the mail that has all that on it?

All they need to do is conduct a simulator driver test focusing on vision and reaction time to exclude aged drivers.

One 3 part question should suffice-

Part A-

"You are on a 2 lane road at an intersection with a another 2 lane road where the speed limit is 55 MPH. You are stopped at the stop sign. There is no stop sign on the 55 MPH 2 lane road. You are about to make a right hand turn onto the 55 MPH road.
A car traveling at 55 MPH is approaching the intersection, going the same direction you will be turning."

"How long do you wait before you pull out in front of the other car?"

Part B-

How fast do you travel once you have made the turn onto the 55 MPH road?

A- 40 MPH
B- 30 MPH
C- 25 MPH
D- almost as fast as the approaching car.

Part C-

At what point do you accelerate to 55 MPH?

A- after 3-5 miles
B- as soon as the approaching car is within 5 feet of your rear bumper
C- when you hear the approaching car skidding towards you
D- never

Last edited:
After age 70, Nevada requires this every 5 years. I'm in that grouping now...DAMMIT!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

They have licensing down there? No Mexicans in San Jose have one.

blind-driving-are-they-blind.gif

I thought renewing your license in Mexico depends on how many kilos you can get across the border!

Last edited:
I take a medical every year now to renew my Commercial drivers license after 65. With our "free" medicare up here it costs me $200 a pop and waiting all day to get in a clinic. Pretty inconvenient and I'm in good shape but I believe in the process when you consider some of the "talent" you see on the roads.

Don’t know about Mexico drivers; but spending time driving in Costa Rica was thrilling. Bus drivers were the worst I encountered. God help anyone in their path and they made their own forcing me off the road passing on a dark narrow highway with oncoming traffic. Wonder what the life expectancy of bus drivers are down there…not to forget passengers and other drivers. Holy Ola.

All they need to do is conduct a simulator driver test focusing on vision and reaction time to exclude aged drivers.
They do that here on Iowa 1/2 of us will be walking the other half back on horse back.

They have licensing down there? No Mexicans in San Jose have one.
Exactly - Just move to the US - If your MX no need for a license and if you’re in CA they won’t be questioning you either. Free ride so as not to be discriminatory….

Auto Transport Service
Back