• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driveshaft for 9.25 Diff

m79ded

Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
Good day everyone and belated Merry X-Mas. I need y'all help with a driveshaft for my 79 XE. Here goes, originally it had a 360 with A36 package and A 9.25 diff, about 20 years ago I was into racing the car so I put a stroked big block and I found a Dana 60 from a 71 GTX and bolted it up with S/S leafs, cut the original driveshaft and all was good. Now many years later detuning the car with a mild 400 and want to put back the original 9.25 diff. I would assume the length would be the same with 360 car or a 400? since trans sits in the same place? anyways does someone know what the original length for that driveshaft would be? or a part number? or should I just install and measure the length?
1f600.png
THANKS

Good day everyone and belated Merry X-Mas. I need y'all help with a driveshaft for my 79 XE. Here goes, originally it had a 360 with A36 package and A 9.25 diff, about 20 years ago I was into racing the car so I put a stroked big block and I found a Dana 60 from a 71 GTX and bolted it up with S/S leafs, cut the original driveshaft and all was good. Now many years later detuning the car with a mild 400 and want to put back the original 9.25 diff. I would assume the length would be the same with 360 car or a 400? since trans sits in the same place? anyways does someone know what the original length for that driveshaft would be? or a part number? or should I just install and measure the length?
1f600.png
THANKS
Install and measure.

Auto Transport Service
Back