Drum to discbrake conversion

evilmopar

Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a 64 Sport Fury with single circuit 10" drumbrakes in front... And i want to convert the fronts to discbrakes. Is there any spindles that fit from a newer mopar or do i have to go for a conversion kit? The car runs 10 sec passes on the 1/4 so i think i need decent brakes....

moparmarks

I'm just a guy with a screwdriver.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
MBM make a kits that has the 73-up A/E spindles included. Easy kit to do.
Wilwood has a kit that fits your drum brake spindles.
There are others such as Dr. Diff, Pirate Jack and SSBC

moparedtn

Ed on the Ridge
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
This is an oftentimes discussed subject - which means liberal use of this site's SEARCH
button in the upper right corner of the page would probably work wonders. :thumbsup:

evilmopar

Local time
Reaction score
This is an oftentimes discussed subject - which means liberal use of this site's SEARCH
button in the upper right corner of the page would probably work wonders. :thumbsup:
Yup i tried the search before i did this thread but couldn´t find anything about the early b-bodies.

evilmopar

Local time
Reaction score

Timmayy

Local time
Reaction score
How about the later 70s B-bodies? I still see a few Cordobas here and there. I actually have a pair of Cordoba disc brakes. I'd like to convert my 65 Belvedere. Are the ball joints the same? Bolt in? I would just have to by the discs and calipers and of course the proportioning valve.

skicker

Local time
Reaction score
62-72 on B Bodies are interchangeable...That being said I installed a set of 87 Gran Fury spindles and rotors on my 70 Satellite...

They are a direct bolt on with the only minor problem being the 87 brake hoses needing to have a 1/2 turn added to them while installing them...

Over 22,000 miles since being installed with no issues...

LF suspension.jpg

RF suspension.jpg

Timmayy

Local time
Reaction score
Nice, so these late 70s Cordoba spindles will work with my existing ball joints. This will be a winter project for me.

skicker

Local time
Reaction score
Cordoba's are different than the spindles I used...

Mid eighties Diplomat spindles are a direct bolt on...

If I remember correctly the Cordoba spindles have a hole in the bottom and the ball joint is in the lower control arm...

If so you will have to remove the bracket with a hole and then install the lower ball joint that is attached to your current drum brake spindles as the B body control arm only has a hole in it...

I can't remember exactly but you'll need to make sure you have the correct 2 bolts in the spindles when reattaching the ball joints...

I'm not positive but I think some Cordoba spindles with the bigger brakes may not let you run typical drum brake wheels on those spindles due to the calipers hitting the wheels...

markmopar

Local time
Reaction score