• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dry ice blasting

dickdale

Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
Does antone has an experience with dry ice blasting/co2 blasting? What are the pro's and con's about this type of blasting?

First I've heard of it. Is this for the entire body of a car or components?

Same here!
Never heard of it and I am confused as to why it would be a viable process?

I've used it before to clean industrial machinery for painting. Worked good and evaporated fully after spraying. Of course all the rust and scale debris will still be there. Another positive is that it is cold as sprayed.

I is great when you cannot have sand or glass left behind
and does not cause heat warpage or the metal eaten
soda or walnut shells also do not eat the metal

We ice blast stuff stuff where I work, we also glass bead blast... there's pro's and cons to both

the main reason I wouldn't ice blast a car is the obvious one: ice blasting is cold.... really, really cold, and it will cause condensation on the piece that you clean. Pretty much everything we ice blast flash rusts in the blink of an eye

but if it's dirty, greasy, grimey or moldy ice blasting is awesome, you can pretty much peel it off layer by layer. but if it's thick rust or enamel paint plan on spending some time, bead blasting will eat through it a lot quicker

First I've heard of it. Is this for the entire body of a car or components?

and to answer that... I'd ice blast individual components if they just need cleaned up.. I found the original gas cap to my Charger wedged in with the filler neck, ice blasting wouldn't touch it, but bead blasting did good on it

View attachment 111775

View attachment 111776

We use it at work for cleaning our concrete floors. Does a good job!

Auto Transport Service
Back