• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Duck Tape or Duct Tape, Which is Right?

1655303560479.png

Actually it is also know as Gaffers Tape. Used it numerous times when I was in a Band. But it is more commonly know as DUCT Tape...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
Incorrect.

Gaffers tape is a TOTALLY different product.

Gaff tape is ALL cloth, and has a non-heat-sensitive adhesive that won't melt or snot up your cables and gear. I go through miles of it a year with my concert company. Easy-on, stays put, and easy-off when done.

DUCT tape is rubberized/coated cloth, with a malleable rubberized adhesive that is designed to self-level as an airtight seal - and as such, it will leave piles of snot behind when/if you try to remove it. (unti it gets old and dries out, and turns to dust - as noted previously in the thread).

DUCK tape, is simply a brand name (like Mopar, or Toyota, or Motorola) for a DUCT tape product, playing off the most common mispronunciation of the product's actual name ("duct").

Gorilla tape is more like roofing tape - crazy-thick, hard to mold to uneven surfaces, and personally I don't like it much at all. Their glue? Great stuff! Tape? Not so much.

Auto Transport Service
Back