• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dusty old dude from Texas

Welcome aboard. Had a home 3 blocks from Brookhurst Dodge and went to OCIR frequently. First A12's that I ever saw was at OCIR . Both were V2 with black vinyl roofs. They were both running about 12.80's with slicks. Don't know what modifications they had done but I still remember them. Yours? First Daytona wing car I saw was at that dealer just outside their showroom 3 feet from the sidewalk. Oh the good old days. Fellow Texan now.

Hello All,

My wife and I are trying to turn back the clock and capture a great time we experienced shortly after we were married some 53 years ago. A few months after we were married we bought a brand new 1969 Dodge 440 Six pack Super Bee from Brookhurst Dodge in Garden Grove CA. Unfortunately neither of us had a crystal ball so we couldn't see the future so needless to say after a few short years the car went one way and we went another. It was a great time to be twenty years old and hang out every weekend at Orange County Raceway with all the old drag racing legends who would actually take time to talk to us.

Long story short, we have jumped off the deep end and bought a 69 Dodge Coronet 500 two door HT with a pretty stout 383 in it backed up with a 727 trans. It's a pretty decent car but like most fifty-four year old cars its had a lot of hands on it so as you might expect I have some work to do. Mostly just cleaning up wiring and weatherstripping and just a bunch of nit-pickin stuff. We're excited to have a bit of a project to tinker with and feel once again the excitement of having our eyeballs hit the back of our skulls once in awhile when the need for speed comes knockin'.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say I look forward to spending some quality time here and I am sure I will be able to pick up a lot of good advice and tips to help us along in our journey into the past.

Y'all take care.
Welcome from Pasadena! What part of the country of Texas are you from?

Welcome from another Texas!

Cranky has Pasadena covered, I’m in Mineral Wells causing trouble, 5.7 hemi just escaped Commiefornia and lives down the road from me. There’s a few other Texans here, so you’re right at home!

994DC07E-D267-4962-82D7-E0C4B04CFC35.gif

5969860F-561F-4023-883F-45914624DC13.jpeg

Welcome from Alabama, very nice Coronet.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from Maine! Very nice!

Welcome from Foothill Ranch, CA Dusty !!
I spent many a weekend at OCIR in the 70's summers here, and I miss that wonderful Nitro Methane perfume aroma wafting through the breeze !!
You could stand right next to the fence at the starting line and get your chest pounded by horsepower, so beautiful !!

Good luck with your nice looking ride.
The gents in this forum have helped me a lot, and I'm sure you'll gain some knowledge from them too.

Welcome from another Texan, and new to this site also. Great looking car!

I'm up in the Dallas area Cranky. Thank you all for the warm welcome! I have been pouring through some of the build threads and have learned a great deal already. There are certainly a bunch of talented folks here.

Auto Transport Service
Back