• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

e body seat mounts in a 71-72 b body

charger greg

Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
has any one done this? Will it work? I'm looking to lower the seat in the car and replace the original broken seat mount in my 72 charger.

Didn't you ask this over on Moparts?
Yes same floor pan and seat frames. Bolts right in. E tracks are about an inch lower than the B's. Great for taller people.

Didn't you ask this over on Moparts?
Yes same floor pan and seat frames. Bolts right in. E tracks are about an inch lower than the B's. Great for taller people.
yes i did but i didn't get much of a response. hoping to find some who has actually done this.

No you didn't much of a response. I've done it a couple times and works fine. I'm 5'11" and didn't care for it myself. Had a customer that was like 6"5" and he loved it.

No you didn't much of a response. I've done it a couple times and works fine. I'm 5'11" and didn't care for it myself. Had a customer that was like 6"5" and he loved it.
thanks for your info, it is appreciated. I'm 6'2" and with a race helmet on, my head pushes into the headliner, so shorter seat should work out nicely.

Just tried this 2 weeks ago. I have a 71 road runner and a 71 cuda. I'm having the cuda seats re upholstered and thought i could put my road runner seats in the cuda to move it around the shop. Turns out the bolts to the floor pan are at least 1/4 inch further apart in spacing on the road runner. I'm sure I could open the holes but didn't want to pull the carpet. However the seat tracks from the cuda bolt directly to the runner seats and allows me to bolt in a seat to move the car.

I did it twice and don't think i had any problems. It's been a while and I've worked on a gazillion cars but I don't remember having to drill or anything. The holes are fairly larger than the studs. I might try it again. I have a bare 72 RR shell and a few sets of E body tracks down at the yard.

Have to ask if the OP has already removed the spacers.

That's a super easy 3/8" extra.

I've also recently noticed that bench seat outboard tracks are completely flat, and have no additional height.

I'm tempted to try using those and doing something with the inboards.

...actually, since mine was a factory bench car and doesn't have the floor reinforcements (I'm using the HUGE captive washer nuts from an M body), it may in fact, level the seats.

Auto Transport Service
Back