• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E body starter heat shield

Ken Milton

Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
I have a 72 b body car, (roadrunner), on the frame is a E body automatic transmission starter heat shield. Were these heat shields ever used on b body car? Or were these somebodies add on. Any thoughs?

Sounds like you're talking about the big splash shield. Yes they came on 70 b body's, not sure about other years.

Sounds like you're talking about the big splash shield. Yes they came on 70 b body's, not sure about other years.

Sounds like you're talking about the big splash shield. Yes they came on 70 b body's, not sure about other years
A splash guard is what I thought also considering it was mounted on the bottomoftheframe on my car, but when I found it, it's supposed to shield the starter from the heat of the exhaust manifold. I definitely wouldn't be shielding any heat from my starter. And I could only find it for sale for E body cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back