• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E-body Wiper Arms on a 71-74 B-body?

JedIEG

Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
My wiper system has decided to self destruct, (which is a problem since the '72 SSP my preferred daily driver over the late model Ram). Long story short- the driver's arm and pivot splines are toast. I don't want to pay out the nose on ebay for another set that might also be worn out so I was looking at the repo ebody stuff. Does anyone know if those would fit our car's pivots? Most of the ebody cowel and wiper system is really similar to our cars so I am hopeful it might work....
If no one knows, I might have to borrow them off my dad's Cuda. Since he doesn't drive it in the rain he might not notice...

Last edited:
The wiper arms are shorter than b-bodies. As far as the e-body pivot they show as a different part number. In '72 they changed b-body pivot around 6/1 so depending on your build date there were 2 pivots for '72 models. I would stick with b-body stuff.

Well my 'just make it work' solution was to drill and tap a hole in the arm for a 8-32 set screw and tighten that down against the spline as much as possible. We will see how that holds up.

Auto Transport Service
Back