• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E-brake light

patrick66

Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
On my '66 Coronet 500, I have the factory underdash brake warning light. I've owned the car since 1980, and that light has never, ever worked. In fact, I can't seem to do the correct chants and position myself and the planets to remove, or even access, the bulb. Not all '66 Coronets have the light, as I've found over the years. Any ideas on how to gain access to the bulb? It would seem one has to have the hands of a toddler to remove the light!

Mine was missing in action when I bought the car. I used the hole to mount a priming switch for my fuel pump. When I was contorting my hand to install the switch I ran across the loose wire and bulb holder. It was a plastic socket that seems as if it just snaps into the housing under the dash. I would say if you can find and follow the wire, the socket should just pull out.

Cool, I'll search a bit more...It's gotta be there!

I fiddled with the wiring for the bulb a few days ago. At least, it's in the right spot, anyway! I can't get the flippin' bulb and socket out far enough to replace the bulb! Is there a way to pop the lens and chrome ring off the front of the dash and perhaps reach on to grab the bulb and socket that way?

Auto Transport Service
Back