• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early B Body Strut Bushings

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
Did some searching earlier for new strut rod bushings for my 62. From what I’ve seen they are simply rubber doughnuts - no metal sleeve, no male/female ends. Is this correct??
what holds them centered in the holes, just the washers?

I may be wrong,just trying to remember. When I did my 63 the poly replacements has a lip on both doughnuts that went into the K frame hole to help center them. My other thought is a 1 piece that has a crush when tightened. I may be thinking of the early A bodies on that one. Maybe message PST for help as they are a sponsor of this site.

I may be wrong,just trying to remember. When I did my 63 the poly replacements has a lip on both doughnuts that went into the K frame hole to help center them. My other thought is a 1 piece that has a crush when tightened. I may be thinking of the early A bodies on that one. Maybe message PST for help as they are a sponsor of this site.
I saw a picture of the Moog bushing on Rock Auto and they appear to have small lip on the inside face. Sure doesn’t look like much to hold it in place but I guess the pressure on the rubber helps alot. I’m going to order a set a see what they look like, they aren’t expensive..

Auto Transport Service
Back