• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay 1971 GTX (sort of)

that's even more work than MY car... ;)

As I said above what you would be buying is what identifies this car. Body VIN Numbers (Dash Tag, Radiator Support and Cowl numbers), 2 Fender Tags (due to the number of options), Torque boxes, K member and various body and suspension parts.

In other words, it's a DIY rebody/vin scheme kit

Right now that $120 a ton over the scale..... (imo).......

someday that car will be back on the road.
and after a couple flips the new owner will have no idea what he's driving.
so sad.

1971 Plymouth GTX 440+6 – 4-Speed - Green Go - some assembly required. :icon_eyes:

on an episode of graveyard cars they were contemplating rebuilding a Daytona with even less to start with...... they didnt go through with the build, but the idea was kicked around

i would not be shocked to see that VIN rolling across the block at BJ about this time next year

So heavily optioned, you bet some flipper will take a 318 satellite and rebody it. Then sell it for a high profit to some unsuspecting buyer. Sometimes cars like this just need to be scrapped or used for wall art.

As I said above what you would be buying is what identifies this car. Body VIN Numbers (Dash Tag, Radiator Support and Cowl numbers), 2 Fender Tags (due to the number of options), Torque boxes, K member and various body and suspension parts.

I don't think he's even selling (or even has) the body. It's just the identifying pieces related to the VIN. There are 15 bids on it, though. Sheesh.

God Awful 71 GTX heavy optioned dirt track car.jpg

Thought I might put the picture of the car up for when the ebay ad gets cleared.

Auto Transport Service
Back