• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eddie van Halen won't be jumping down for breakfast today

Ahh, the warm sound of the Plexi from his early days! Even the neighbor, a half mile away had VH cranked yesterday afternoon. Funny how many one person can touch.
An absolute influence on me and countless millions of guitar players for years to come.
Most live life with the volume up juusst enough for comfort, some up to 10........Eddie was already up to 15! Loving life and it showed!

Not a more recognizable signature of EVH, from his red, white and black striped guitar and the way he interpreted color and music to the smile he wore in every single performance I ever seen!

Gonna miss him but not nearly as much as Wolf. He lost his pop at young age and certainly needs our prayers for comfort and guidance.

5E0DCB25-AFFC-4E70-BD90-F1B6E1E3F414.jpeg

R.I.P.

1998 5150 Tour Studio - Never Seen Before
Toward the end he picks up his original Frankie

Hate to be a downer but I just had to 'fact check" EVH.

I've heard/seen at least 2 different interviews yesterday where he claims "tablature" was invented because standard musical transcription couldn't be used to capture how he played.

I was always under the impression that it was invented to simplify "reading music" although I must admin I thought it was "invented" around the same time frame, IE 1970's.

Turns out according to wiki, it has been around since the 1300's!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablature

Now back to our regularly scheduled program-

evh-56-jpg.jpg

https://forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachments/evh-vb-jpg.1715608739/

evh-vb-jpg.jpg

That's Sammy Haggar... but yah sad news...
Mea Culpa... Although Roth was my favorite front man I still associate Sammy, and his signature song, with Van Halen. Thanks for the reminder that it was Sammy's band.

Eddie said in an interview he thought the metal guitar picks caused his mouth cancer.

officialjackwhitelive
Verified

i thought it could be a nice gesture for me to use this blue eddie van halen model guitar for one of the songs tonight on SNL. the guitar was designed by eddie (with a few customizations i had added). eddie was very kind to me and saw to it that this guitar was made for me to my specs. i wont even insult the man’s talent by trying to play one of his songs tonight. thanks again
eddie for this guitar and rest in peace sir.

Last edited:
A little late for this party, but here is a great clip of Dweezil Zappa talking about Eddie Van Halen.

Working tonight , and this flys in late

And yes , the owner is a huge 5150 Van Halen fan I was told by the pilots

CF2E644C-F49F-4D42-BC11-CE31317DF95C.jpeg 76427423-70A1-4780-9398-5E5AB6EA2E47.jpeg 2CF821BF-89C5-4988-8850-3BC6C0475651.jpeg 9CEB6698-4456-420A-AB2F-035FEF5B2020.jpeg

The ending really hit me as I have the last voicemail from my Dad still on my phone, and he passed in 2012.
I can still hear my Dad's voice on the outgoing message on the answering machine. That was 1995.

I can still hear my Dad's voice on the outgoing message on the answering machine. That was 1995.
Can't remember my dad ever leaving a message on my phone.....he'd just wait a bit and call again or I'd call him when I saw his number on the caller ID

Auto Transport Service
Back