• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock AVS2

VFilms

Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
I’m planning on purchasing a new Edelbrock 1906 AVS2 650 carb. My search shows all the vendors price them about the same. Looking for suggestions on a preferred vendor. Thanks

Right now I’d buy from whoever has actual stock on it. Edelbrock is out and most vendors are out. Warranty will be the same regardless of who - ‘contact edelbrock for warranty’

Quick note: If price is a determining factor, --and if you are a Veteran, ask for the Veterans discount. Most instances will result in about a 10% discount.

Have you ever received a vet discount from any vendors, like Jegs or Summit? I get it from Advance, Auto zone and Pep boys, only local stores that are near me.

Agree on buying from whoever has it in stock.
That said, i recieved a part as new that was obviously a damaged return, from jegs. They sent me a replacement, but charged more for it than the credit given on the first one. They eventually made it right, but i have never heard of such shenanigans at summit.
I have never had any sort of problem with anything i ever bought from summit.
(Maybe because i never order anything on line. I use a phone, and talk to a human. Rock auto will never get a dime of my money)

Rock auto is great for some things, but you're right about talking to Humans! Can't
get any phone help at the Rock!

Summit. I had to return my AVS2 and they took it back no questions asked. Had a manufacturing problem with it and Summit handled the RMA.

SlinktRR, What was wrong with it ?. What to look for ? I haven't started mine yet.Had thoughts of taking it apart and checking the settings before putting any fuel to it.

I posted about it you can find by search, was an 800 AVS2. I run an old edelbrock AVS 800 and wanted to try the annular boosters but the carb never ran right. Checked float height and needles and seats. There was something wrong in the idle circuit that I could not figure out, it ran like crap, could not set idle at all. Edelbrock tech support was great, but there was really nothing to do but send it back. Summit handled it perfectly even though the carb had been used. I would buy another one to try, but the upside was that I ended up dipping and totally rebuilding the old 800 I had and now it runs better than ever. Still would like to try those boosters on the AVS2 though.

I removed my 1407 750 CFM AFB from my 383 and installed a 650CFM AVS2 along with a Aeromotive regulator set to 5 1/2 #. I wish I had done it sooner. My 750 was a PITA and could never get it right.

Thanks for all the comments. Advance has them at the regular price but no shipping costs and if I have a problem I can walk it back to the store, no return shipping. Plus Veterans discount. Thanks HEMI 354.
Because I am using a 4 brl cast iron intake manifold off the’57 Plymouth Power Pak I will need an adapter. That I know I can get online. This carb replaces the WCFB that came with the manifold. I spent $350 having it professionally rebuilt only to find it doesn’t fit under the hood on my ‘66 Belvedere. Anyone look for a somewhat rare WCFB I’ll sell it at a reasonable price.
Thank to all for your thoughts

Your new avs2 might be double drilled, and actually fit your manifold. I would check before i bought an adapter.

Your new avs2 might be double drilled, and actually fit your manifold. I would check before i bought an adapter.
Will do. The secondary ports on the intake are the same size as the primaries and I don’t think they will accommodate the secondaries on the carb, so at least a spacer will probably be needed. Ive been looking for a later year manifold but the prices, if you can find one, are outside of my budget. But thanks for the thought.

Just bought an 800 CFM AVS2 from summit, but was going to go with Advance and use my speed perks when I was looking at 650.

Just replaced my (temporary) TQ with it Sunday, due to 440 source heads I needed an electric choke and ability to get tuning kit (rods/jets). I also found my Carter 6903 is putting out 10 psi :cursin: which was pushing fuel past the floats on the TQ and causing me all sorts of headaches. So now I have an Aeromotive deadhead regulator on the way from Summit. Almost decided to ditch the Carter and use Edelbrocks big fuel pump since its *guaranteed* to put out 6 psi. Apparently those 6903s can be all over the map. But I like having the ability to tune it exactly where I want it. Going to be eating a lot of PBJ sandwiches for awhile...

I’m planning on purchasing a new Edelbrock 1906 AVS2 650 carb. My search shows all the vendors price them about the same. Looking for suggestions on a preferred vendor. Thanks

For what it's worth......I try to spend my or my customers money with a fairly local speed shop/warehouse and speak to a person on each order.....and the pricing is as good or better. I try to keep as much of my money in the local economy. The Big Box stores have ruined thousands of mom and pop businesses across the country.

For what it's worth......I try to spend my or my customers money with a fairly local speed shop/warehouse and speak to a person on each order.....and the pricing is as good or better. I try to keep as much of my money in the local economy. The Big Box stores have ruined thousands of mom and pop businesses across the country.
I agree. Unfortunately there are no locally owned speed shops or parts houses near me. Not even sure if there are that many privately owned parts stores anymore. I dislike buying from the large restoration houses and try to find smaller privately owned businesses. Many times they have parts that YO, CI and others don’t. Plus, like you said, I get to speak with a KNOWLEDGABLE person. There is one gentleman in Jasper GA named Richard O’Shields from whom I purchased most of my seals and weatherstripping. He took a great deal of time discussing with me what I needed and the best prices and manufacturer. Van’s is another company I enjoy working with. Detroit Muscle Technologies have always been fair and very helpful. Plus I enjoy reading their website product descriptions. They have a bit of an edge to them.

I know Jegs offers a best price guarantee and I beleive Autozone and Advance do as well. So if you find it cheap online you can always mention that and get it from whomever.

Auto Transport Service
Back