• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT use, anyone?

Crash520

Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, has or is anyone using an Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT EFI intake on a 440 and does it fit under a power bulge hood without mods???

pro-4.jpg
i have this set up and hood clearance is no problem.

Last edited:
I have the XT TPI type intake / EFI on the 505" 440 in the '69 Coronet R/T. It fits under the stock flat hood I have on the car now. I haven't check if it clears the N96 hood ducting under the original hood yet.
I like the intake, throttle body, and fuel rails. The old style (narrow band O2) ECU is junk by todays standards. There were two versions with different flow rate injectors also.

71 RR
Stock hood fits nicely. I like the way it performs on my setup.

IMG_20200531_102924.jpg IMG_20200531_102938.jpg

I had to modify a Fiberglass hood on my Charger, but that is due to my serpentine belt kit..

I'm running the 90mm version of that tb. I really like the adjustable air bypass and the tapered bore. I had to drill and tap 2 of the mounting holes but no biggie. I used the bracket that was sent and I cut it down a little bit. I used a throttle cable from a early 2000 silverado because it had the bead on the pedal end and was looking enough. was not perfect fit on the firewall but pretty close, I routed the cable under the plenum and then I cut the tb end of the cable and pulled the plastic end off of the cable housing and cut it to length and put the plastic end back on the cable housing it snapped into the bracket like oem. then I bought some barrel style cable stops for the tb bracket. Nice and smooth.
IMG_20200501_211727.jpg

I used a Lokar cable. I think it was 36" long, and I cut it to length. needed to call them to get the end that goes to the throttle body.
Used the edelbrock TB that came with the old XT EFI kit.

Auto Transport Service
Back