• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ego boost for an old guy.

My wife always says there are only two things that attract younger women to older men, power and money. Unfortunately I have neither.
Whenever I see a young hot babe clinging to an older not-so-hot guy, I figure he is hung like a millionaire.

My wife always says there are only two things that attract younger women to older men, power and money. Unfortunately I have neither.
There was an extremely brief period in my life where I had both, as a corporate lawyer. During that era, I drove a 1962 Imperial Crown as my daily driver, and one day, at the local grocery store parking lot, a young guy pulled up next to me, and said, "I have a car just like that." I answered, "I know, you are in the Imperial club, and you are a law student at Valparaiso. He drove a beautifully restored 1961 model, on weekends. He was shocked I knew so much about him. Mopars create small worlds, and I got his bio pretty quickly through the club. Fast forward, a few months later we attended the Kruse auction in Auburn, Indiana together. My new friend quickly made me aware of numerous older men, accompanied by women at least 20 years their junior. The guys in this elite cadre were all bidding on six figure vehicles.

My buddy coined the term "Heroes" to identify these characters. He confessed that his goal in attending law school was to rise to that economic strata, so he could have a babe like Anna Nicole Smith (she was at the height of her hotness during this period, and was in the process of realizing a fortune through the ancient Texas oil man she had married). "Takes 300k a year minimum to have a girl like that..." His words, his motivation for higher education. "Old guys, who keep a young girl like that out tough economic straits are doing society a huge service." Hence the term "Heroes." My wife detested him with a passion.

At the end of the day, he did not become a "Hero," fell far short. In her prime, my wife of 45 years had more than a passing resemblance to Anna Nicole; the vision of her in the passenger's seat of my Chrysler 300F is permanently etched in my primitive male brain. Now we are old, and that era is way in the rear view mirror. But like my GTX, I still like my old stuff from back in the day better than younger modern, which is great for me, as I have nothing to offer the younger generation.

Auto Transport Service
Back