• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eight speed automatic

72duster72

Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
Eight speed automatic Has anybody installed a new eight speed and in there b body with a new hemi swap?

I am going to do this during this winter, so I also have lot of questions about this.
But what are your concerns? cut in the chassis? electronic control?

Pretty much fitment. I understand electronic control it’s not an issue anymore. I would like it to run like a modern car with an old body.I’m not worried about cutting the floor I already have a six speed in it so I have no torsion bars because I have a Rms suspension.

Isnt there a film where roadkill garage cut their way through the chassis to make it fit? But I will also like to see some more pictures of this, but if somebody else already done this, I will also make it.

What is you solution about the control? Standalone system?

You may want to confirm what your final torque ratings on the fly wheel will be.. Guys are having issues when they turn up the engine , always check the tail shaft too. But the big thing is make sure your torque out put doesn’t exceed the capacity of the ZF/ torque flite trans, or figure out to make it handle it..

I can see they cutting away a support beam.
the question is how to replace this beam? anything to be bolted under the transmission?

Holley mounts move the engine forward some to eliminate any tunnel interference. They sell an upper trans mount that requires the crossmember to be cut, the seam needs to be flattened, and there’s a casting part on the bellhousing that needs removed

I did it and it was actually pretty easy if you're willing to spend the money. I used the Holley mounts. I only had to cut the flange between the firewall and floor pan in on small spot to allow the vent tube to pass through. Of course you have to cut the castings off the side of the transmission as well. I used the sound German kit for the wiring. If you are not being dumb you can install it in very little time. I was dumb and didn't connect the neutral safety wire. If you don't want to use the console shifter you can switch to the dial shifter. You just have to get the connector and swap the pins. I did exactly that and it works. My plan is to rework the ash tray area on the dash and recess the smaller dial shifter into that space. I want to keep the bench seat so I don't want a console or floor shifter. The thing that sucks about these is the fluid fill procedure and the cost of the fluid. You can research those items but the RAM guys seem to be running the Valvoline max life without issue.

Thanks for the post Royce, what engine are you running and what kind of car did you install this into?

Thanks for the post Royce, what engine are you running and what kind of car did you install this into?

I am running a bone stock 2015 charger RT 5.7 engine. It is in a 1969 Dodge Coronet 440 base model. The goal of this project was to have a nice daily driver 69 Coronet.

What rear gears are you using for the 8hp?

Auto Transport Service
Back