• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Elec. fuel pump location???

mech440

Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, looking for a little help here. Swithchin over to electric pump, holley blue or equivalent. I'm putting it on my 66 belvedere ii and am wondering where everyone else with a B-body mounted theirs??? I know it's supposed to go low and close to tank?!? Just looking for suggestions. Thanx a bunch for any input.

Most get mounted on the inside of the passenger's side frame rail above the rear end housing.

Should be as close to tank as possible and as low as possible...electric pumps are "pusher" pumps, not "puller" style.

Also, keep it away from exhaust, electric pumps generate enough heat on their own, they will overheat and stop working at the most in-opportune time

Thanx for the input guys, I was thinking inside the frame rail low as posssible, but can I get away with putting it in front of rear end like near the spring mout? or is that too far away?? Thanx much!

Do not hard mount it, be sure to have some vibration isolation from the mounting or it will buzz badly against the frame rail.

Randy

insolator

Yep , I was thinkin that! Probably gonna try rubber between the pump and frame and maybe rubber washers too. Thanx for the input!!!!

Mine is in front of the rear axle too, no problems for past 8 years. The Holley pump kits come with a rubber piece to put between the pump and the car to reduce vibration. I can only hear mine before I start the engine.

Mine buzzes too and I have learned that most of the noise is being carried down my aluminum fuel line. Use the rubberized adel clamps there to help.

Auto Transport Service
Back