• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

electric choke

justjim

Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
i have a 64 Plymouth sport fury and am putting on a carb with a electric choke where is the best place to get power to it ?

Anywhere after the ignition switch that puts out twelve volts. Just make sure you put an
in-line fuse on it and just maybe a red indicator light so you know when it's on!

The ignition side of the ballast resistor is pretty close and an easy place to pick it up.
Just make sure you are on the correct side.

Mine is powered exactly where Don just mentioned. Crimped into the same female terminal that connects to the ignition side of the ballast resistor.

Mine is powered exactly where Don just mentioned. Crimped into the same female terminal that connects to the ignition side of the ballast resistor.
can you send me a picture of the connection ?

They are a little tricky to find, but I found a Y connector at my local hardware store. Then you don't have to splice anything. Locate on the ignition key side of the ballast resistor, as others have said. The electric choke is so much better than the divorced choke. This is on my 64 Sport Fury.

IMG_3110.JPG

justjim if you'd still like me to send you a pic I can later when I'm back at the house. But it's essentially the same as as g413 posted earlier. Let me know.

Auto Transport Service
Back