• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric Fan Wiring Advise

No I still say the alternator IS NOT protected by the fuse link. As mentioned, if the batt doesn’t exist nothing of the charging or ign system is fused protected, like for example, parking lights are fused still without a batt, and the fuse will blow, but engine will kep running… because the fuse will blow faster, before stall the engine than a fuse link won’t.

On an alt short and depending of the kind of short, the engine will stall before the fuse link blows. Except if the short persist still with engine off, which in that case, the fuse link will protect from THE BATT power
Nacho we are done. You are stupidly wrong.

I do not argue with the principals of the electronics applied here. Reference to new car and truck wiring was only to give ideas on how old cars should be rewired. My main point is anyone is a hack wiring higher amp draw components off a alternator stud. Especially with newer high amperage alternators running on old wiring, undersized wiring, ammeters and bulkheads. Its just plain wrong. There are right ways to do things. If you own or run a shop and do this I hope you have good liability insurance. .

After all that and at least 2 other people agreeing and explaining WHY the ALT side and you still don't get it. NO ONE has defended your method. And to come back and call me a hack again. You are hopeless.

And you are doing EXACTLY THAT you are arguing with the principals of the electronics in the STOCK system that is the ENTIRE point of this discussion.

And to to call me a HACK... Get off yourself . after hearing what you have apparently done to your own vehicle ?? Anyone coming to work on your car is going to have no idea what is going on if they are expecting to work on a late 60's mopar electronics .

Your odd ball grasp at alternator failure , causing the whole system to go up in a ball of flames is SERIOUSLY flawed then hooking the high amp load to your battery which gives NO choice but to send current threw THE ENTIRE system to reach the fans. You are now putting CONSTANT LOAD on ALL the weak points in the system, just to get it to work under "normal condition"

Your "black smoke" theory only happens if there is an unrelated failure of some sort. One that is FAR less likely then one of weak points failing under your suggestion. NOT TO MENTION all you have to do is turn the key OFF and path is broke.

Its pretty clear your ego is to big and you will not admit your fault. Have a good day

After all that and at least 2 other people agreeing and explaining WHY the ALT side and you still don't get it. NO ONE has defended your method. And to come back and call me a hack again. You are hopeless.

And you are doing EXACTLY THAT you are arguing with the principals of the electronics in the STOCK system that is the ENTIRE point of this discussion.

And to to call me a HACK... Get off yourself . after hearing what you have apparently done to your own vehicle ?? Anyone coming to work on your car is going to have no idea what is going on if they are expecting to work on a late 60's mopar electronics .

Your odd ball grasp at alternator failure , causing the whole system to go up in a ball of flames is SERIOUSLY flawed then hooking the high amp load to your battery which gives NO choice but to send current threw THE ENTIRE system to reach the fans. You are now putting CONSTANT LOAD on ALL the weak points in the system, just to get it to work under "normal condition"

Your "black smoke" theory only happens if there is an unrelated failure of some sort. One that is FAR less likely then one of weak points failing under your suggestion. NOT TO MENTION all you have to do is turn the key OFF and path is broke.

Its pretty clear your ego is to big and you will not admit your fault. Have a good day
Good night.

Nacho we are done. You are stupidly wrong.
I’m telling you, is a ping pong game maybe due a diff point of view. But at least we are ( I think and hope ) on a fine mood discussion… not like some other member around where some discussions use to become offensive to me. So not from me at least.

Auto Transport Service
Back