• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

electric inline fuel pump recommendations

2blader

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:34 AM
Reaction score
Looking for an inline electric fuel pump recommendation for a 472 Cross rammed Hemi. Yes I use a regulator. Thanks in advance Scott

I've had nothing but good luck w Walbro. They are high pressure, so definitely best to regulate after bowls. Run in jet boat in 125° summers. 10yrs same pump, extreme vibrations on water. No issues and never garaged or covered, so it has always been in the elements.

Uhm, carb or injected?

I've had nothing but good luck w Walbro. They are high pressure, so definitely best to regulate after bowls. Run in jet boat in 125° summers. 10yrs same pump, extreme vibrations on water. No issues and never garaged or covered, so it has always been in the elements.
regulate after the bowls? A bit confused on this one.

regulate after the bowls? A bit confused on this one.
I'm note sure what your feed line to the carb itself looks like. On my double pumper, I have 6AN inlet that feeds both bowls in sequence, then has a 6AN return after rear bowl. I put regulator after the rear bowl then return line to fuel tank. This reduces chances of fuel pressure "hammering" and keeps a more consistent pressure. It's even more important when you're running blowthru turbo. But on any carb setup, even my fuel injection, I use regulator after carb or after fuel rail.

Looking for an inline electric fuel pump recommendation for a 472 Cross rammed Hemi. Yes I use a regulator. Thanks in advance Scott
I've always liked the old Stewart-Warner 240A pump.....its adjustable pressure...see below
1690337131072.png

JUST A THOUGHT.....not inexpensive....but reliable great for carb engines.....
BOB RENTON

"In your honest opinion" you're slippin Bob..
True....it's an old design, noisy, very likely the S-W was sold to probably a Chinese company....but....available on line as used or refurbished......it, like me and vintage wine.....just gets better with age...??...
BOB RENTON

I've always liked the old Stewart-Warner 240A pump.....its adjustable pressure...see below
View attachment 1499931
JUST A THOUGHT.....not inexpensive....but reliable great for carb engines.....
BOB RENTON
What I didn't like about them they were noisy (aren't they all) they ran with an on off switch. Like turning a wall switch on and off. Have a couple someplace.

What I didn't like about them they were noisy (aren't they all) they ran with an on off switch. Like turning a wall switch on and off. Have a couple someplace.
The S-W pump can be controlled via a relay, whose coil is energized when the ignition is turned on, powering the pump...no separate on/off switch is required...somewhat like auxiliary cooling fans...YES...they are noisy...so what...just like Flowmaster mufflers or open headers...a good noise. Very low Amp draw (8 amps).at max pressure & max flow..
Plus the pressure is adjustable...no separate regulator is required or needed...just something to think about.....
BOB RENTON

The switch I'm talking about is in the pump where the wire goes in. When you turn pump a shaft goes up to pump gas. A cut in the shaft the tip of switch rides in shuts the power off. Shaft drops and power is turned back on.

The switch I'm talking about is in the pump where the wire goes in. When you turn pump a shaft goes up to pump gas. A cut in the shaft the tip of switch rides in shuts the power off. Shaft drops and power is turned back on.
You jump out any switch on the pump and control its operation as I suggested previously. The circuit is 12 volt in (or 6v or 24v as you prefer) and case ground, thru a separate wire to the chassis or battery negative. My old 240A pump did not have the switch you noted....only the power I + ground...yes its a positive displacement piston pump...a lot of the new stuff is a centrifugal/vane pump.designs....
BOB RENTON

I'm note sure what your feed line to the carb itself looks like. On my double pumper, I have 6AN inlet that feeds both bowls in sequence, then has a 6AN return after rear bowl. I put regulator after the rear bowl then return line to fuel tank. This reduces chances of fuel pressure "hammering" and keeps a more consistent pressure. It's even more important when you're running blowthru turbo. But on any carb setup, even my fuel injection, I use regulator after carb or after fuel rail.
ah just a two carb crossram here. 8AN from the tank then two 6’s to the carbs after the regulator. No return line.

Auto Transport Service
Back