• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric Vehicles Are the Veggie Burger of Cars

I said it before and I will say it again, if people don't buy them, they will go back to producing what people want to buy! Unfortunately for us classic car enthusiasts, we will be decimated before they realize no one wants an electric car. We are the low hanging fruit.

I said it before and I will say it again, if people don't buy them, they will go back to producing what people want to buy! Unfortunately for us classic car enthusiasts, we will be decimated before they realize no one wants an electric car. We are the low hanging fruit.

unless we allow them to outlaw our gas powered vehicles :elmer:

Yes, remember the first days of unleaded gas, catalytic converters, low compression ratios, diesel conversions of gas engines, lean burn engines, 4-6-8 engine management systems, 55 mph speed limits, etc. No one wanted them at the time of their infant development. Didn't matter when 1975 came along - we got em. It will be the same with electric vehicles - the Government will ram them down our throats, the hell with the state of development, environmental and landfill issues, cost and inadequate infrastructure. Consumers will be pissed, the car industry will go through another 70s era funk with all sorts of baggage and consumer unhappiness and the Government elites will slap each other on the back and say to each other - what a great job we did. Same old, same old.

Electric Vehicles Purchasers Are the Veggie Burger of Humans
Fixed. :lol:

We want Meat
We want Gas powered cars
We want Performance and Technology.

The Greta's of the world can have their electric Mustangs.....they end up in a ditch with low mileage anyway. :rolleyes:

download.png

"EVs deserve the fate of plant-based burgers—available in certain high-income urban areas where issues like cost, range, and charging pose less of a barrier. Or where practicality and palatability take a back seat to green-virtue signaling. For most areas, however, petroleum-fueled vehicles, along with beefy Whoppers, will dominate the market."

Sums it up perfectly.

Maybe we should strap a bank of batteries to the back of our gas guzzlers so when we run out of gasoline, we can crank our starter motors to get home. LOL!

Yes, remember the first days of unleaded gas, catalytic converters, low compression ratios, diesel conversions of gas engines, lean burn engines, 4-6-8 engine management systems, 55 mph speed limits, etc. No one wanted them at the time of their infant development. Didn't matter when 1975 came along - we got em. It will be the same with electric vehicles - the Government will ram them down our throats, the hell with the state of development, environmental and landfill issues, cost and inadequate infrastructure. Consumers will be pissed, the car industry will go through another 70s era funk with all sorts of baggage and consumer unhappiness and the Government elites will slap each other on the back and say to each other - what a great job we did. Same old, same old.
I bought my first GTX during that era, remember it all too well. The same stuff has been at play with class 8 trucks over the last two decades - the regulatory mandate to eliminate particulates created engines that wouldn't work. The technology is just catching up to the regulatory mandates. Caterpillar go caught in a fudged testing scandal similar to Volkswagen early on. They made a smart decision to exit the highway truck engine market in 2008, rather than keep building a compromised product. I rebuilt the C-15 CAT in my Peterbilt three times rather than buy the post emission junk that wouldn't run. Fuel economy and total CO2 output were also sacrificed on the alter of eliminating particulates and nitrous emissions.

Auto Transport Service
Back