• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electrical Gremlins Help?

dodge68charger

Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
First Question Is…

-My 2 Speed Wiper Motor Wont Turn Off When The Switch Is Off.

-Heater Wont Turn Off.

-Washer Pump Isnt Working
( New With a Good Ground )

My Front Park Lights Flash But The Rears Dont. I Did Change The Dash Bulbs To Leds But Herbs Parts Said They’ll Work With The Stock Flasher. Bulbs Are Stock Style In The Front and Rears

The Harness Is Brand New

Thank You

Can you give us more info?

Safe to assume you're working on a '68 Charger?

Are you proficient with using a multimeter or voltmeter for troubleshooting?

Do you have a copy of the wiring diagram to reference? MyMopar.com has a downloadable one if needed.

Were these pre-existing issues before the new harness? Or did they arise after the harness replacement?

Tell us more please...

1969 Roadrunner

Not Sure How To Test The Switches

Have The Manual

Just Finishing A New Build. Last Few Issues and Shes Ready To Roll Lol

First Question Is…

-Heater Wont Turn Off.
For the wiper and heater motor issues here's my thoughts:
- Do either the wipers or heater turn off with their respective switch in any position? If so, verify the wires are hooked up to the correct terminals on the switch.
- Are the switches new?
- You can verify the switch integrity using the resistance (ohm) setting on your meter. If you leave the switch in the dash to perform this test be sure the wires are disconnected before testing.
- For the "2-speed" feature of the wipers to be verified, I am uncertain if the motor itself is wired to provide this feature or if it's in the switch. I'll let someone else chime in on that.

-Washer Pump Isnt Working
( New With a Good Ground )
- Does the pump work when power is applied directly to it?
- Test the switch if the pump is verified operational. With the switch in the "ON" position you should have "0" resistance. With it in the "OFF" position you should have infinite resistance.

My Front Park Lights Flash But The Rears Dont. I Did Change The Dash Bulbs To Leds But Herbs Parts Said They’ll Work With The Stock Flasher. Bulbs Are Stock Style In The Front and Rears
- I don't have any experience with LEDs potential for compatibility issues. Can't advise you there personally.

I would start by checking the ground connection between the engine block and the firewall, make sure the connections are clean and tight. No paint, no corrosion. When grounds are bad it can cause stray voltage to seek a pathway to ground and weird things happen.

This is the motor test, courtesy of Passion4Mopars

To test the park function on your wiper switch you should have continuity between "B" and "P" (Blue wire) on the back of your switch, only with the switch in the off position.

The washer push button switch (usually bad) is a simple pass-through type switch. It SHOULD have 2 terminals on the back. Push the button and you SHOULD get continuity between the 2 terminals. A word of advice here.... If you purchased one of the chrome knob kits from one of the MoPar suppliers the aftermarket washer switch chrome button bottoms out before the switch activates. You will need to trim some plastic from the new knob.

I hope this helps

Auto Transport Service
Back