• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electrical Issue: After market AC

68Coronet500!

Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
So, I have a 68 Coronet with an after market AC system that was installed before I bought it. It was working and now does not. I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to fix it as when I moved the fan switch, it caused a short and killed the power to the car. but when i move the fan switch back to the position closest to me, it works but doesn't push air out the actual ac vents.

I then bought a reconditioned switch set, but then realized that mine has been doctered up quite a bit to accommodate the after market AC system.

To further complicate things, when crawling under the dash, I can see quite a few wires that have been cut and have no clue what their purpose was.

I attached pictures of my current situation and what a stock system looks like.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows a MOPAR guy in the Costa Mesa, CA area, I'd love a referral.

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

Not sure , what the brand of unit you have , but of the two most popular ones , you might do yourself well served , to contact them , their customer service people for assistance !

Auto Transport Service
Back