• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electroluminescent Gauge Cluster

RobertV

Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
My speedometer gauge is seized up in my 67 Charger gauge cluster. Any suggestions on getting it working? I'd like to get it working and calibrated. This is a weekend driver, not a show car. Not willing to pay $3000. Thanks in advance for any help.

The first thing to do is try oiling it.
Near where the cable threads on you'll find a small brass plug with a little slice or hole which faces upward. Put a few drops of light lubricant oil in there and it should leak inside.
Then try spinning the input with your fingers

My phone tells me how fast my Charger is going. My gas guage does too. :D

The first thing to do is try oiling it.
Near where the cable threads on you'll find a small brass plug with a little slice or hole which faces upward. Put a few drops of light lubricant oil in there and it should leak inside.
Then try spinning the input with your fingers
Tried that. Still won't turn.

As soon as reasonably possible. I have a restoration shop working on a bunch of things for me. We tried lubricating the speedometer and turning by hand, but it still doesn't budge.

I know someone who can do it but it will be quite a wait.

I contacted jcauto and they said the guy who does their restoration work isn't available until fall. I also tried gaugedoc.com. He must be the guy that does the work for jcauto. He said he is moving and can't take on any work until fall.

I contacted jcauto and they said the guy who does their restoration work isn't available until fall. I also tried gaugedoc.com. He must be the guy that does the work for jcauto. He said he is moving and can't take on any work until fall.

I don't know any of those people.

You could run a Want To Buy ad. Have yours rebuilt when you can and sell the other. Fairly easy R&R, as far as speedos go.

Try Jim Rodebaugh in Ochelata, Oklahoma. He is the pro on '66-'67 Chargers and can rebuild the speedo for you.

Auto Transport Service
Back