• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emergency brake cable

RSZ28

Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
I’m planning on installing sub frame connectors in my 65 Belvedere II. Will the emergency brake cables need to go through the connector or will they run alongside of the connector? If so, does anyone have pictures or a diagram of where they need to go? Also, do they run through a tube? Thanks

On my 69 I had to figure where they would run and cut slots in the connector.

100_0329.JPG

100_0328a.JPG

I have a 65 Belvedere 2 wagon that I plan on putting frame connectors in also. I don't know if there is much of a difference between the body styles. My wagon has the cable going through the trans crossmember just off center towards the drivers side. I would think that there is enough room to play with that you wouldn't have to modify the cable at all. I'm not 100% sure though.

On my 65 Belvedere 1, the cable goes through the trans crossmember on the drivers side. A cable then goes on each side of the car to the rear. No interference with the frame connectors. However the cables do contact the 3” exhaust pipes. Not a big deal for me.
The picture gives you an idea of where the cables go.

431E09A2-DD5C-4B02-9993-D6E25C667FA1.jpeg

I didn't do frame connectors on my 65 Dodge. Rear end I put in had 66 and later E brake cables. The e brake bracket was on rear frame rail (it's probably on yours) so I hooked cables there. Had a brake cable bracket from another car. Mounted that to trans cross member near rocker panel so it was a straight shot to rear cables. Then you need to connect the two. I used threaded rod and a connecting nut with a bracket to support the rod. One arrow front bracket rear L bracket. used a 1/2" foam line clamp with a piece of plastic inside to let it move smoothly and hot rattle.
e brake.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back