• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emergency help !! which clear coat ?

99ss

Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
Euro Clear Premium Appearance Clearcoat & Catalysts
Formulated and designed for applications that require the premier gloss and depth that only European clears deliver. Euro Clear is a premium appearance product that exhibits flow and leveling second to none for a glass-like finish in either air dry or forced dry conditions. Euro Clear exhibits excellent weathering, stone chip & abrasion resistance. Mix 2:1 with catalyst.

or

Hi Solids Clear & Catalyst
Hi Solids Clear is a 4.2 VOC Urethane Clear that exhibits superior flow, excellent gloss retention and depth. Its high solid content offers exceptional coverage & depth with only 2 coats
or
Urethane Clear & Catalysts
he most versatile clear you’ll ever use. Designed for spot repair, panel repair, and overall refinishing. A unique resin and catalyst system work together to offer you easy application, outstanding flow and leveling, superior gloss and DOI (Distinction Of Image

I need to pick it up tomorrow to paint on Friday

Which clear should I use?

Its going over black deltron

yeah me neither..LOL
SO I went with the best description and got the Euro clear.... its was over 100 for the activator and clear which is more than the last stuff I used..hahahaha
going to shoot the z28 today.. the weather is right and the tent is prepped... Just need to wash it tack it and then seal it and the black goes on... not sure if I should or will color sand it... I prepped the primer with 320 and spray the final primer coat and it was like glass... blocked it down one more time with 500 and now its ready to paint. This might be the best prep job I've done. There are a couple imperfections but thats the way it will be.. not looking for top dollar from this car.....LOL and yes I am being lazy about it but the weather and window of opportunity is closing for me so its going to be whats its going to be :)

Auto Transport Service
Back