• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine main studs measuring tool for proper depth ideal show

XEO1-

Local time
1:07 PM
Reaction score
We got 440 source studs that for some reason had a stud sticking up or the guy at the machine shop didnt torque wrench it properly…

So I don’t understand yet and haven’t taken it out in thr below picture because we are reading the line bore gaps first to make sure the bearings are correct..

yea my dads helping me right now so it’s not really my build because he likes this stuff also..

but I started thinking what if someone made a proper stud depth tool that can be used to measure the proper depth of studs or possibly

a team can come around to make proper studs that stop like exhaust studs when you can’t screw it down anymore..

but studs that have already a proper measurement gap isnt the thread format..

someone who doesn’t have studs with gaps who possible have to guess mismatched placements for stud mains.. depth for racing,Street strip,and street..

The stud screws into the threads while also screwing into the main hole that measures the spiraling lanes that go down a stud fastener with a micro board that measures depth of stud on the side..

probably im wrong and the stud does end but still torquing is a crucial part in engine building so possibly some people would like one.

8A6817A3-9FD4-4963-8EA1-177A34F00FA5.jpeg

That’s my dads hand their on the corner looks kinda ghostly but it’s not haha.

I never torque studs in my motors just double nut and run down with arp grease hand. Snug .
Install bearings crank and caps .
The nuts should be tourqe to ARP spec.

Screenshot_20220115-193921.jpg

The studs shouldn’t be torqued or bottomed out. Apply assembly lube and screw the studs in hand tight then back them off a 1/4 turn and proceed.

Found out im totally wrong about the studs I’ve never seen em before.

my dad said he didn’t know that and said thank you will do.. I’ll keep progress going in my progress page to show what we do.

91EA9601-AFF8-4680-9007-AB871242D2FF.jpeg

Hey you do have to torque the bolts right just not bottom out the stud right??

The studs shouldn’t be torqued or bottomed out. Apply assembly lube and screw the studs in hand tight then back them off a 1/4 turn and proceed.

I just understood it..

I use my mental illness while angered to use in childish ways to grasp attention to keep people entertained while distracted in hate for me to keep both sides arguing because iam pissed off at the government..

It ain’t nothing like people looking at a fool and wondering about him…

It’s in thr cia manual classified true multiple personality disorder born with two like two people born physically together you can see..

I believe iam two spirits conbined a very adult person sophisticated in intelligence and a child prodigy that I use to submit to me to use against a evil I hate..

That’s why chall7-2 means a JH29 and a JH 23 chall7-2 two challenger in one going after the prideful arrogant people who called themselves wolves that me a mutt wolf preys upon to submit to me in fear because I know more intelligence in strategy than fbi nsa cia….

My name! Is emodeus islumi sebettus and Clint farr… here me here me younglings iam emodues islumi sebettus born as a conjoined twin to Clint farr and iam here to spread Mopar and terror(villainous laugh) lol!! Hahahahahaaahhahaha loljk..

My name! Is emodeus islumi sebettus and Clint farr… here me here me younglings iam emodues islumi sebettus born as a conjoined twin to Clint farr and iam here to spread Mopar and terror(villainous laugh) lol!! Hahahahahaaahhahaha loljk..
upload_2022-1-16_9-52-51.gif

Hey you do have to torque the bolts right just not bottom out the stud right??

Yes install the studs place the cap over the studs apply assembly lube to the stud threads and bottom of the nut and torque them.

Auto Transport Service
Back