• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine test stand

Tach, oil p, engine temp, and volts just because I had it laying around. I used a lawn mower throttle which has plenty on movement for the runstand. Only issue is you don’t get WOT for cycling the accelerator pump for start up.

That's what I used as well.

Just happened to be at my cousin's house where my engine run stand currently sits and took a pic. Can't believe we built this 18 years ago and that engine still sits on it... I've never even got to use it, paint it or anything! Anyways you can see the massive base doubles as a fuel cell and utilizes a cheap electric fuel pump. The forwards motor mounts slide on the base to accept different length motors plus can be screwed up and down as well to catch whatever bolt holes are available. We decided to just use bellhousings for mounting seeing how it should easily accommodate mounting starters as well plus bellhousings are cheap.

I'm going to get this thing back home for a paint job and put it to use on my daughters upcoming build. That motor that's on it is one nasty sounding 460, nice build that's sat for 18 years but still gets fired up occasionally.
20180829_190238.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back