• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Estate sale find

Mike Szadaj

Local time
5:46 AM
Reaction score
8A6B634B-6960-45BB-ADD6-204C59E22506.jpeg
I found this Chrysler cassette recorder with microphone at a sale today.

My sister bought a 70 340 duster that had one of those mounted on the floor by the 4 speed shifter , she could record off the radio too I think, it was cool, nice find

My sister bought a 70 340 duster that had one of those mounted on the floor by the 4 speed shifter , she could record off the radio too I think, it was cool, nice find

yes you can record the radio. You may not be able to see it in the picture but a knob turns and you can set it to record from the radio or from the microphone. Your sister had a 340 duster four-speed car? Cool sister

Nice find Mike! :lowdown: I bought one to add to my Cuda. It's being restored by the guy who re-did my thumbwheel. Project for next winter...

85B216D1-89FA-43E8-97EA-A988726578DF.jpeg
You guys won’t believe the deal I got on it. I got this box of stuff including a reverb an FM converter a Chrysler crossover a Craig cassette player and two Chrysler 8 track tapes with the cassette recorder for 30 bucks

that brown double wire looks like what was on the rabbit ears of our tv in the 60's, lol , all for 30 bucks , dang

View attachment 1131350 You guys won’t believe the deal I got on it. I got this box of stuff including a reverb an FM converter a Chrysler crossover a Craig cassette player and two Chrysler 8 track tapes with the cassette recorder for 30 bucks

Great find Mike... that is some very neat stuff, and these kinds of things
come up for sale here and there at auctions all over the USA. I look at different auctions in Mich when I have time, and most of the cool sales are/have been online! I bought a (I know you will all ask WTF!) brand new in the box, never
been mounted, limited edition Dale Earnhart Jr 40 channel digital CB, bought it about 10 years ago, for 10 bucks!! I mounted it in our 76 Chev ramp truck, and it works sweet. When I was looking 15 years ago for a Ramp truck, I wanted a Dodge one, just way more than I had.

F1BC2718-254D-4EA6-9192-BAAED53AA287.jpeg
Well Dan, you have a good eye. I didn’t mention that device originally but since you saw it and brought it up here it is. I don’t know if these things worked or not but they were supposed to replace rabbit ears. You hooked one side up to the TV just like rabbit ears hooked up, and the other you plugged into a wall socket. You might be able to see in the picture that only one of the prongs that goes into the wall socket is actually metal, the other is black plastic. This device was supposed to turn all of your houses inside the wall electrical wiring into a TV antenna. Whether they work or not, I have no idea. I might just have to hook it up to something and see what happens.

Did you get the pod?

View attachment 1131359 Well Dan, you have a good eye. I didn’t mention that device originally but since you saw it and brought it up here it is. I don’t know if these things worked or not but they were supposed to replace rabbit ears. You hooked one side up to the TV just like rabbit ears hooked up, and the other you plugged into a wall socket. You might be able to see in the picture that only one of the prongs that goes into the wall socket is actually metal, the other is black plastic. This device was supposed to turn all of your houses inside the wall electrical wiring into a TV antenna. Whether they work or not, I have no idea. I might just have to hook it up to something and see what happens.
That's an old TV antenna amplifier.
It used the wiring in your house to expand the antennas reach.

Auto Transport Service
Back