• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ET unilug mags ?

blazer 2010

Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
I picked up some ET 5 spoke mags and was wondering where I could get reverse thread wheel nuts for these rims for pass. side,or fat chance of finding any and just change the studs.The mags are off a older[ 1956] car.

Local tire dealers. Independents that buy from ATD warehouses have access to these. My memory says you'll need offset washers also. The early E.T. wheels used a offset washer to do 5-4.5 , & 5-5'' and a centered washer to do 5-4.75'. I would change out the studs and make it an all right hand car... Torque these nuts and washers then drive around the block a few and recheck.

can you put up a pic of the wheel and a close up of the lug hole?some of the older unilugs just use normal mag lugs,some where very specialized.i should be able to tell by seeing a good pic.

I don,t have them yet ,there 400 miles away at my brothers house,I,ll see if he can take a pic but he is so slow.

I picked up a set of vintage 5-spoke ET's at the Pate Swap Meet at Texas Motor Speedway this spring. It's a huge swap meet, and there are many new-product vendors in addition to the swap vendors. After buying the wheels, I swung by a wheel vendor and bought all-new special lug nuts (LH and RH), offset washers, and center caps w/screws. I'll dig out the lugs and shoot a photo; they are unique to ET wheels. I'll also see if I can find the receipt with the vendor address. If memory serves, they are from out west somewhere (Nevada, Utah, etc?).

Cheers,

JD

Here are photos of my swap meet E-T wheels (at least the one I have bead blasted so far), and an example of the center cap, LH and RH lug nuts, and uni-lug washers I picked up from the wheel vendor. Unfortunately, I didn't have a receipt in the box from where I bought them. If I remember, or run across the receipt, I'll post it up here. In the meantime, I hope the photos help.

Cheers,

JD

IMAG0213.jpgIMAG0211.jpgIMAG0212.jpg

Check on ebay the seller "the lug nut guys" may have something

Ok ,thanks everyone,looks like it,s not that big of a deal to get some lugs,I thought for sure would be a pain just like everything thing else is for a 67 belverdere.

On uni-lugs, it is not a problem to get the nuts. It is on the washers. You do know that the uni-lugs are very rough on the life span of the wheel studs, correct? It was very common for me to replace broken studs from the rear axles and I carried replacement parts in my toolbox in the car. Bad thing with snapping studs was loosing the uni-lug washers and cutting the evening short.

Auto Transport Service
Back