• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Events like the silver state classic?

cdoublejj

Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking to learn about Events like Silver State Classic and the rules for the classes.

It went so fast, it blew the vinyl-top off.

A buddy and I ran the silver state challenge in 2001. We entered a 4x4 Chevy pickup into the 95 mph class and won. Drove out there from Michigan. It was Pretty cool for a couple of 20 year old country kids at the time.

Some day maybe, it looks like fun...

There is also one called the Texas Mile in Beeville midway between San Antonio and Corpus Christi. I've never been but had a couple of friends that have and enjoyed it.
https://www.texasmile.net

With the SSC It looks like, to run over 145 mph you need to have a full cage and i'm not if there is any event that would let you do that. I'm not sure i want a full cage in a daily driver. So that means even your car daily or other wise can push more than 150mph you you have to lay off the gas. Thought The SSC gives a top allowable speed against/with the target speed to give you leeway but, it's 10-20 mph.The SSC rules also state failure to do so can mean, depending on severity, a permanent ban from the event and intervention with the law!

So in essence you can't really run as fast as you can (assuming you car can run faster), at least not with out a full cage and built in fire suppression and window nets. I looked at the 2014 results and 1 Lambo ran and i did some googling on the name and it brought the same model, color and driver name on sema car and it had been gutted and a full cage installed. SO even with a super car built for those speeds they require all the safety gear.

Then again for all I know it could be hard for even the fastest cars to hit over 150pmh on the course. I know it wasn't uncommon for cars to hit higher speeds in this video but, doesn't necessarily mean 1 and 2 makes 2.

Makes it hard for the average Joe to run all with out making some notable sacrifices or so it seems. Thoughts opinions corrections comments, mocking?

Looks the one in Arnold requires a bar or cage for the 105mph class. Perhaps a DD friendly cage needs to made for the car in question. Then again that's only 2 events. Maybe ther eis one out that folks risk it all.

Last edited:
Besides the regulations it is high $$$.

Yeah it looks like the entry fee is like $500-800 USD and with gas money to get there at LEAST 1K. . They wonder why people illegally race. lol

It's basically a bracket race for speed. 95 mph class means you average as close to 95 mph as possible. Only unlimited class is a free for all as fast as you can go.

LMAO! Yes! Shame on them for forcing the drivers into a car that is safer for them!

Yeah it doubled edged sword, you can't run a run of the mill hotrod on unlimited but, if you do crash a full race car is gonna give you better chance to survive. Then again if i crashed my car i'm not sure i'd want to live to see the damage. :p

IDK how i'd fit a full cage and built in fire supression in my daily driver and still have an interior left.

Auto Transport Service
Back