• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust Pipe Length Help?

dodge68charger

Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys Was Looking To Order Some Pipe For My Exhaust on My 1969 Roadrunner

Just Wondering Roughly How Many Feet Per Side The Stock Style Exhaust System Is out To The Rear Bumper.

Tubes Come In 5 Foot Lengths. Thanks

If I remember right, I used four lengths, and something like ten mandrel bends (maybe twelve) six flanges, and two turndown tips. Way more work, and way more money than a custom fit kit. I sure wouldn't do it again. Generic Jegs or Summit brand kit, for the win. Just pick your own mufflers.

Is it just me? Or does anyone else think that the price of exhaust systems are seriously overpriced?

If I were doing a system for a car with manifolds, I would definitely go for a tti system (or Accurate, for a top notch resto)
For a header back, I would use a summit or jegs brand system.
I don't know how much a tti system would be....but a summit system 2 1/2 with muffler is $425, on sale for $385.
(Pre covid, it was $275)
I had well over $600 in the header back one I did myself ten years ago..... but it's 3 1/2 to the bumper

Auto Transport Service
Back