• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Expert Assistance request

69 Charger SE

Local time
8:19 AM
Reaction score
Hello All, Just looking for some help with finding who my selling dealer is. I have an executive lease (Y22 on my Build Sheet) and on my warranty card it says Chrysler Corp. – ASG Leased Car Used Vehicle Sales – 82003 Detroit Michigan, (See Below).

Warranty Card.JPG

I have scoured the internet, Chrysler Historical, The Stellantis web site, Mopar blogs, car clubs and tried to get a title history through my state but, can’t due to the driver protection act and they only hold records for 15 years. During my hunt I located the first refrence to 82003. It appears to be an internal code for Active Employees. Not a dealer code per se. (See Below).

chrysler code.PNG

Question: If this was an executive lease, does it go to a dealer for prep and how would I find out who it was before the lease was given to the executive? Would the Dealer who prepped it be the selling dealer and how would I find out who it was. I would welcome any help in regards to this.

Thank you!

I have no clue

maybe one of the better experts here know

@69Coronetrt (?) he's pretty well schooled on a lot of that stuff

good luck

My '66 Satellite shows nothing on the window sticker where most have the selling dealer listed. It's blank there. The IBM card shows 92755 for the dealer code. When Fastback Jon decoded my IBM card, he told me that number doesn't correspond to a known dealership that he has data for, but similar numbers to that were Chrysler Corp vehicles. My car was assembled at the St. Louis plant and sold new in Wisconsin. Based on the missing dealer info on the window sticker and this code on the IBM card, I believe that in between it was driven by a Chrysler employee or someone connected to one. The shipped date is 9/15/66 - which is late for a '66 model. I don't know if that date is late because of the possible hold up of the car as a company car or what. By that date in '66, the '67 models would have been coming off the line.

When we were shopping for our new Jeep in 2022, we found that dealerships had pulled brand new vehicles out of inventory as service dept. loaners. Those vehicles then couldn't be sold until a set amount of time or until they had something like 2500 miles on them. Then they were sold as new (at a small discount). So, maybe this is a similar setup to what my '66 had when it was new?

I don't know if this helps you at all, but maybe some of what your finding is relatable to what I've learned about my car.

My '66 Satellite shows nothing on the window sticker where most have the selling dealer listed. It's blank there. The IBM card shows 92755 for the dealer code. When Fastback Jon decoded my IBM card, he told me that number doesn't correspond to a known dealership that he has data for, but similar numbers to that were Chrysler Corp vehicles. My car was assembled at the St. Louis plant and sold new in Wisconsin. Based on the missing dealer info on the window sticker and this code on the IBM card, I believe that in between it was driven by a Chrysler employee or someone connected to one. The shipped date is 9/15/66 - which is late for a '66 model. I don't know if that date is late because of the possible hold up of the car as a company car or what. By that date in '66, the '67 models would have been coming off the line.

When we were shopping for our new Jeep in 2022, we found that dealerships had pulled brand new vehicles out of inventory as service dept. loaners. Those vehicles then couldn't be sold until a set amount of time or until they had something like 2500 miles on them. Then they were sold as new (at a small discount). So, maybe this is a similar setup to what my '66 had when it was new?

I don't know if this helps you at all, but maybe some of what your finding is relatable to what I've learned about my car.
Thank you I appreciate the information. This may help me to get a reproduction window sticker. I also re-tried the Michigan Secretary of State requesting a manual lookup on Microfiche and of course they have no records. I was told they only hold them for 15 years.

Auto Transport Service
Back