• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Expertise and assistance request

440plus6

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
I am approaching unfamiliar territory and hoping for some guidance from those I consider experts here on FBBO. I am nearing the completion of my 512" engine build and preparing for the dyno. I have purchased an Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake for this as well as an Aluminum Holley dual feed carb. I have never had an engine sent to the dyno before. What would be basic bracket needs/requirement as to throttle bracket for the RPM to be able to complete the dyno? Most likely a dumb@@s question, but just was hoping to order what was needed and light the candle as quickly as possible.

Thank you once again for entertaining the questions of an admitted novice.

^^^^ what he said. I have never had to supply any throttle brackets for a dyno session.

Last edited:
You shouldn’t need anything. But you should contact them to make sure

I supply the exhaust, and crank to water pump belt.

Where are you taking it?

If you're referring to the bracket that mounts on the intake for the throttle cable, Mancini sells a higher positioned bracket for the higher mounted carb on a hi-rise intake.

Wow, bit of a drive from Mercer.

Call Transfer Performance Machine at 724-962-2520 Ted will be able to tell you what you need to know. They are on Rt. 18 in Transfer.

Auto Transport Service
Back