• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exterior LED's

HYRDGOON

Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
Lot's of talk about LED's instrument panel conversions but who all has swapped out their exterior bulbs for LED's? Like it better? Much brighter?

I'm debating switching them all out but particularly the parking lights on my 69 RR... SuperBright sells white, amber or red for these... Not sure what would look better behind the parking light lenses white or amber?? thoughts?

P.S. I'm colour blind as f$c& so that's partially why I have no clue what would look better lol

led's are much brighter.match the color of the lens to the bulb if possible.looks a lot better.white bulbs under a faded lens tend to wash out the color a bunch when lit.

X2. Don't try to use white bulbs under amber or red markers, find amber and red LEDs for that. Most 'white' LEDs are actually blue with a filter to look white, and there won't be much light left through a red lens.

As to whether they are brighter, that's like asking if a Holley carb has more power. LEDs come in a huge variety of sizes and outputs, so check the specs to find the output lumins and spread angle. Using them in tail lights, for instance, will likely take some experimentation to get the proper beam spread to match the factory reflector angles so the brightness is even across the lens to eliminate hot spots, as well as a load resister or LED compatible flasher for the signals to work properly.

As you mentioned parking lights, just make sure that they fit. Some of the LED bulbs are larger than the incandescent bulbs that they replace. Looking at SuperBright like you are is a good place to start.

-=Photon440=-

If you use leds buy a new flasher
only use resistors on a car that monitors lights and will show errors

Auto Transport Service
Back