• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FAA orders emergency plane-engine inspections after fatal Southwest accident

73sechgr

Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
total FED /FAA BS over 35 years as mechanic/lead mechanic/inspector air industry never had a CONTAINMENT ISSUE with pratt and witney,,,by law any internal failure must never leave the engine case,,,,total corrupt faa ge cfm,, no oversite bogus engineering ,,save $$ kill the pax,,hope family totaly screws ge ,,,,faa was always bogus look the other way fed f-up SNAFU/FUBAR,,,,,,,,,SEMPER FI

If that report is accurate that pilot and his union should had a field day with that airline. I wonder what they expected the pilot to do in that emergency situation?
Read about the part where on one flight an engine exploded so violently, it popped open the cockpit doors. There's the CBS video too, including the actual part where the above pilot (previous post) was declaring his emergency.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/allegiant-air-the-budget-airline-flying-under-the-radar/

Another Govt. Agency showing it is incompetent. Lets wait for another blown up engine before we take any action. Almost like the timing chain woes on the new Challengers that everybody was denying when guys were left stranded. I was sure glad I had a 2010 6.1 non Msd engine.

It's the governments job to establish guidelines. It's the responsibility of the manufacturer and the airline to make sure the planes meet those guidelines.

Let's not forget that Southwest, Allegiant, Spirit and other "low cost" carriers all use very old aircraft that, yes, all have to pass FAA inspections but there are life cycle limits to all rotables.

About 6 months ago, Another SW fligt leaving New Orleans had to make an emergency landing because of an engine failure. I think it threw a blade and decompressed. No one was hurt that time.
I have been on several flight with multiple airlines where you could hear a distinct vibration coming from the engines. As with any accident, more regulations to follow!

Auto Transport Service
Back