• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory Tire Brand 1969 Charger ?

robl72

Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
I have a November 1968 build 1969 Charger R/T. Build sheet has it coded for F70-14 tires. My question is what brand of tires possibly came on it from the Factory.. Goodyear or Firestone or possibly both?

Thank you

Rob L.

Coded how? 69 was all Goodyear and F70 x 14 AFAIK

T83 are F70-14 Red streak Speedways from Goodyear
T82 are White wall speedways
T85 are Red streak Polyglass.

Coded how? 69 was all Goodyear and F70 x 14 AFAIK

T83 are F70-14 Red streak Speedways from Goodyear
T82 are White wall speedways
T85 are Red streak Polyglass.
Code on my build sheet as T83. We’re they always Goodyear or was it possible for them to put on Firestone for any reason?

T83... like I said in '69 as far as I know only Goodyear. Doesn't mean I'm correct.. lol
beerestoration2017 799.JPG
beerestoration2017 633.JPG
beerestoration2017 634.JPG

Sweet you just get those..

curious to hear from anyone if they have seen a MOPAR oddity where Firestone’s were mounted

I've been trying to figure out what brand my 68 charger came with as well.
IMG_20240210_081458.jpg
IMG_20240210_081432.jpg

My ‘69 Barracuda Formula S came with Firestones. It had the original factory spare that had never been mounted in the trunk.

I did a bunch of work on a 1969 Charger for a guy a few years ago. It still had its original F70-14 FIRESTONE redline in the trunk.

If I remember right , it was a June or July 69 SBD car

I have a November 1968 build 1969 Charger R/T. Build sheet has it coded for F70-14 tires. My question is what brand of tires possibly came on it from the Factory.. Goodyear or Firestone or possibly both?

Thank you

Rob L.
Possibly either. Funny how we never thought too much about these details back then. Mostly, it was throwing out the factory wheels to install the customer's preferred aftermarket mags.

I did a bunch of work on a 1969 Charger for a guy a few years ago. It still had its original F70-14 FIRESTONE redline in the trunk.

If I remember right , it was a June or July 69 SBD car
That makes me feel better. I still have the original Goodyear Speedway spare in the trunk of my GTX, but I'm running Firestone redlines. I'm a cheapskate and didn't want to spring for Goodyears, plus they were back ordered. So far nobody has called me on it.

When I bought my car in 1970, it had a Goodyear F-70 thin [3/8" ?] white wall in the trunk. I can't remember what I did with that tire/wheel though.
i don't know if it was factory, and I don't have a build sheet for my car. :drinks:

So the bottom line is 69 Chargers & other B Bodies came with mostly Gooyear but it is possible they came with Firestone's.

Thanks for the replies

Auto Transport Service
Back