• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FAST EFI question

nelsontoddpa

Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Hopefully just a quick question- considering putting EFI on my '67 coronet and I know that the EZ EFI has a handheld touch screen for inputting and displaying information. My question is: does that module have to stay attached after the initial self tuning phase?
I'd like to keep my interior stock looking and still have my glovebox for 'stuff'. I tried e-mailing FAST- but no response from them (which obviously can be a warning sign).

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Todd

Nope. You can disconnect it and put it away, this is for the version 1.0, not sure on the 2.0 though.

I have the newer version but have not fully installed it since the car is undergoing restoration. I don't think you need it to be hooked up all the time. You can add Garmin navigation if you want so it does double duty and can show you engine specs while also giving directions.

Hawk

You can remove the handheld, I have had no problems in contacting Fast by the toll free phone # Mon-Sat.
I have had issues and had to locate the wiring etc as far away from the ignition as possible as very sensitive to electrical interference. I have the EZ version 1.0 using port injection,very happy when it,s working properly.

Auto Transport Service
Back